DizzyDaisy10
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I want to do an EPQ on adolescent mental illness but I don't know what area to base it on. I have had to take 2 years out due to MH issues and have attempted suicide and been hospitalised etc. so maybe something to do with these experiences? Any help would be much appreciated
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
An EPQ shouldn't really be the place to discuss your own experiences. But do use them to guide a topic - maybe something like the ethics of holding someone against their will (section) can be discussed in terms of human rights etc.
DustToDust
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did mine on whether or not we've moved to more ethical treatments of mental illness
DizzyDaisy10
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Ahh, sorry I didn't word it very well. I want to use my own experiences as rationale for the topic rather than to discuss the topic

(Original post by Noodlzzz)
An EPQ shouldn't really be the place to discuss your own experiences. But do use them to guide a topic - maybe something like the ethics of holding someone against their will (section) can be discussed in terms of human rights etc.
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DizzyDaisy10)
Ahh, sorry I didn't word it very well. I want to use my own experiences as rationale for the topic rather than to discuss the topic
Ah I see. That sounds fine
sadixx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
honestly do whatever you want to do, look up different modules you're doing at uni for ideas. i did mind on serial killers and it was relatively easy
Saffy38
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im currently re-doing my EPQ and one of my original areas of study was suicide, specifically 'Suffering in Silence' with regards to the higher rate of suicides amongst males and the reasons for this. This also relates to personal experience in my family. If you are doing a project of suicide specifically or depression it would be worth researching and mentioning this within your project x
stressedpotato
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you are taking Psychology for A level you have to be careful not to do your EPQ on something that you study, as this isn't allowed. A really good suggestion I had was to do my EPQ on another of my interests and link it to Psychology; in the end I looked at how musical training can affect cognitive development. Anything you're passionate about will make the best project, but if you have a personal affliction with something then this could bring up bad memories for you and also be awkward to talk about with your supervisor, so just take that into account!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.35%
Not great so far... (251)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.66%

Watched Threads