The Student Room Group

Failed 2 As levels out of 4

What should I do? I got BC then EE in chemistry and german. What on earth should I do?
Original post by Randomer2086
What should I do? I got BC then EE in chemistry and german. What on earth should I do?

If your school allows you to stay, you should retake the year

Any idea what happened in chemistry and german? How did you feel about them when you came out of the exams? The first thing to do is ask your school for your marks in each subject. From there you can see how close to the next grades you were and what you want to do. What I would do in your situation would be to go into A2, carry on with your B and C subjects then whichever you enjoy most about chemistry and german. The one advantage of the new a levels is that your AS grades don't actually matter- you'll be assessed on all the content next time anyway! Talk to your school and your family, think about what you want to do and then do as well as you can and see where you get. That's all anyone can ask :smile: good luck!

what is it you want to do in the future?
Original post by claireestelle
what is it you want to do in the future?

Im wanting to do microbiology I think.
Original post by Annon5632
If your school allows you to stay, you should retake the year

Is there any point in retaking german since the grade doesn't count
Reply 6
There are a couple of options: drop one of the E subjects and re-sit the other E subject, whichever you think is easier for you. Build on your B and C subjects. You can still easily get like AAA-ABB at the end of all of this. It is not unrealistic. I've known so many people who have went from CCC to AAA. If you get like BBC at the end you can still go to university, just not the top one. Really think about this in the context of what you plan to do in the future. If it is a degree is microbiology then I'd drop German, improve Chem, build on Biology and your other subject.

Quick Reply

Latest