The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

How can i get into uni withought any level 3 qualifications or A-Levels??

So i left school with ony 3 GCSE's. I then went to college and gained another from level 2 BTEC business.

After that i left college and took a year off from studying to just work.

I am now 18 and want to go to uni but dont have any level 3 qualifications.

Any advice on how i could get accepted into uni?
Original post by Shidaa
So i left school with ony 3 GCSE's. I then went to college and gained another from level 2 BTEC business.

you do need some sort of level 3 qualifications to get into university, i think you should perhaps consider an access course.
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Original post by Shidaa

You can't, that's it. University isn't like air, it's not for absolutely everyone no matter who you are, no matter what qualifications or life story you have. If you want to go to university, you need a qualification at level 3.
You can apply as a mature student without formal qualifications but must be over the age of 21.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
you do need some sort of level 3 qualifications to get into university, i think you should perhaps consider an access course.

I heard of the open university that do access courses. But they told me that it wont give me the points i need for uni. so i dont understand?
Original post by Shidaa
I heard of the open university that do access courses. But they told me that it wont give me the points i need for uni. so i dont understand?

open uni access courses are not considered the same as normal access courses, you can study a degree at open university now if you wanted to.
Reply 6
Original post by claireestelle
open uni access courses are not considered the same as normal access courses, you can study a degree at open university now if you wanted to.

So an open uni access course wont necissarily help me get into uni?
Original post by Shidaa
So an open uni access course wont necissarily help me get into uni?

Not necessarily, you could ask universities if they will or not.
Reply 8
Try applying to courses with foundation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending