The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Any new undergraduates commuting to Lancaster University this year?

Just making this discussion for any new undergraduates commuting this year. I personally don't know many people who are commuting so I thought I'd make a little community for us commuters :tongue:
Original post by mrbr2671999
Just making this discussion for any new undergraduates commuting this year. I personally don't know many people who are commuting so I thought I'd make a little community for us commuters :tongue:

Hey! I'll be commuting to Lancaster Uni this year too - from Blackpool. :h: What course will you be doing? And congratulations on your offer!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by trickfinger
Hey! I'll be commuting to Lancaster Uni this year too - from Blackpool. :h: What course will you be doing? And congratulations on your offer!

Omg no way i'm from Blackpool too :biggrin:. Congratulations on your offer, i'm going to be studying law, what about you?
Omg no way i'm from Blackpool too :biggrin:. Congratulations on your offer, i'm going to be studying law, what about you?

Ahhh no way! That is awesome. Thanks and I'll be studying Computer Science :smile:
I thought I'd be like the only Blackpool commuter because of the distance... it'll take me like 1hr 20 mins thanks to good ol' reliable public transport!
Ahhh no way! That is awesome. Thanks and I'll be studying Computer Science :smile:
I thought I'd be like the only Blackpool commuter because of the distance... it'll take me like 1hr 20 mins thanks to good ol' reliable public transport!

Yeah same here, getting the number 42 stagecoach for when i'm in and finish at normal times. If i get a late lecture or class i'll get the 40 in to preston and 61 back to blackpool, if all else fails i'll get the 2A to lancaster train station and get a train home :biggrin:.

I've always commuted long distance so this commute is just like the rest i've done.

And wow computer science, i did it at gcse and that was hard enough :tongue:
Yeah same here, getting the number 42 stagecoach for when i'm in and finish at normal times. If i get a late lecture or class i'll get the 40 in to preston and 61 back to blackpool, if all else fails i'll get the 2A to lancaster train station and get a train home :biggrin:.

I've always commuted long distance so this commute is just like the rest i've done.

And wow computer science, i did it at gcse and that was hard enough :tongue:

Same, I'll be taking the 42 too. I do find Computer Science pretty hard too but it's also really fascinating which kinda makes up for it :biggrin:

Not that it really matters as much for us non-campus students but what College did you choose? I chose Pendle :smile:
Same, I'll be taking the 42 too. I do find Computer Science pretty hard too but it's also really fascinating which kinda makes up for it :biggrin:

Not that it really matters as much for us non-campus students but what College did you choose? I chose Pendle :smile:

I'm still really fascinated by computer science - more of the hardware side of it. Literally just finished upgrading an older computer to 2017 standards :tongue:.

And i picked bowland as my first choice, don't think it matters much though. :h:
(edited 6 years ago)

And at least i'll know someone on the 42 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest