The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Missed Call

I applied online to several different courses at the University of Southampton. I received a call from 023 8059 5000, which after looking online appears to be their main switchboard, and so potentially an admissions tutor? But unfortunately, I missed it as I was helping a family member in another room and didn't hear my phone go off:frown: The call was just before 6 as well so I couldn't call the main hotline.

I don't know what to do now, as although I have a confirmed place elsewhere, I really don't want to miss out on the opportunity of studying at Southampton :frown: Any ideas? I could call the clearing hotline tomorrow morning, but how could they know who the call was from anyway?

Dilemma!
Original post by hpiercey3
I applied online to several different courses at the University of Southampton. I received a call from 023 8059 5000, which after looking online appears to be their main switchboard, and so potentially an admissions tutor? But unfortunately, I missed it as I was helping a family member in another room and didn't hear my phone go off:frown: The call was just before 6 as well so I couldn't call the main hotline.

I don't know what to do now, as although I have a confirmed place elsewhere, I really don't want to miss out on the opportunity of studying at Southampton :frown: Any ideas? I could call the clearing hotline tomorrow morning, but how could they know who the call was from anyway?

Dilemma!

Dont panic, just call them back tomorrow and id yourself and the course applied for.

When you say you have a confirmed place? you mean its been offered but no accepted?

Just get back first thing. Did they leave a message?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
a
Original post by 999tigger
Dont panic, just call them back tomorrow and id yourself and the course applied for.

When you say you have a confirmed place? you mean its been offered but no accepted?

Just get back first thing. Did they leave a message?

My confirmed place is for a Geography course at Royal Holloway, Unconditional Firm as I accepted it back in January (already have my grades). But thanks, the admissions tutor sent me an email and will be talking to him on the phone in the morning, so all good :smile:
Original post by hpiercey3
a

My confirmed place is for a Geography course at Royal Holloway, Unconditional Firm as I accepted it back in January (already have my grades). But thanks, the admissions tutor sent me an email and will be talking to him on the phone in the morning, so all good :smile:

There you go it sounds fine and I'd choose Southampton.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending