The Student Room Group

AS results help...

Hi,
Today I got my AS results. I got:

A - OCR Computer Science AS (NEW SPEC)
A - AQA Drama & Theatre AS (NEW SPEC)
D - Edexcel Mathematics AS (modular old spec)

I really want to go to university to study computer science, some universities are specific about the mathematics grade so i am retaking core 1 and core 2 (I got an E and D respectively, I got a B in S1) in an attempt to boost my mark. I am continuing all 3 subjects to A2.

I was wondering what kind of universities should I apply for, like what entry critera would be a good idea for me to aim for? lets say for a secure and also for a realistic 'aspirational'. I'm confused as the grade combination AAD is not a combination that is commonly advertised for a course so i would wonder how i would go about finding one suitable for myself...

Any advice is appreciated... thanks.
Original post by joshualh
Hi,
Today I got my AS results. I got:

A - OCR Computer Science AS (NEW SPEC)
A - AQA Drama & Theatre AS (NEW SPEC)
D - Edexcel Mathematics AS (modular old spec)

I really want to go to university to study computer science, some universities are specific about the mathematics grade so i am retaking core 1 and core 2 (I got an E and D respectively, I got a B in S1) in an attempt to boost my mark. I am continuing all 3 subjects to A2.

I was wondering what kind of universities should I apply for, like what entry critera would be a good idea for me to aim for? lets say for a secure and also for a realistic 'aspirational'. I'm confused as the grade combination AAD is not a combination that is commonly advertised for a course so i would wonder how i would go about finding one suitable for myself...

Any advice is appreciated... thanks.

It would be good for you to consider points based entry requirements rather than grades but Maybe go for AAC/ABB as aspirational perhaps then go for 4 other lower choices.
You can check what AAD translates to in terms of UCAS tariff points, and then check it against advertised offers.
If you have some verified proof of knowing a programming language, and can lift your math grade to an B or better, I'd say you have a decent shot.

Quick Reply

Latest