The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Is Kingston university respected?

Or is it seen as a bad uni
Original post by boohoo1234

More importantly, does it offer you the course that's right for YOU (modules, international year, placement year)?
Does it have the facilities that you desire?
How is the teaching?
What is the TEF rating (whether or not you think this is important depends on how you view the methodology)?
What research is going on there?
Graduate prospects?
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

it ranks lower than london met
In the art/philosophy world it's apparently very respected
Reply 4
I think it varies quite a bit from course to course, although from what I can tell its reputation is gradually increasing. It's not very well known, but don't let that put you off.
To be honest, no overall. Low ranked, pretty unknown name and seems to have been involved in some fairly recent controversy.
I would say yes, but as a Kingston Alumni I am probably bias.

Kingston offers so much to it's students, it would be silly to overlook it for not being 'respected'.

We have four campuses, each with it's own specialties. 24/7 libraries. Amazing lecturers. A brand new state of the art STEM centre plus another brand new building due for completion next year.

The uni also offers amazing study abroad opportunities, and great short courses that you can study for free along side your degree.

Sure it may not be as well known as some of the other universities, but that doesn't mean that it isn't good.

What course are you planning on studying? Maybe I can give you some advice/more info.

Kingston is definitely respected in the art, business, engineering, nursing and midwifery subjects!
Original post by ckfeister

London Met 127.

Kingston is 102.
Original post by Kirstiekins
London Met 127.

Kingston is 102.

In math's ranking kingston is last, london met is 2nd.
Original post by Kirstiekins
I would say yes, but as a Kingston Alumni I am probably bias.

Kingston offers so much to it's students, it would be silly to overlook it for not being 'respected'.

We have four campuses, each with it's own specialties. 24/7 libraries. Amazing lecturers. A brand new state of the art STEM centre plus another brand new building due for completion next year

The uni also offers amazing study abroad opportunities, and great short courses that you can study for free along side your degree.

Sure it may not be as well known as some of the other universities, but that doesn't mean that it isn't good.

What course are you planning on studying? Maybe I can give you some advice/more info.

Kingston is definitely respected in the art, business, engineering, nursing and midwifery subjects!

You can try as hard as you want, but you can't polish a turd.

its better than Cambridge
Original post by ckfeister

Really?
then go for London M
Original post by Yasmeenhoney
Really?
then go for London M

:facepalm:
How is Kingston uni for supply chain management for international student..

Quick Reply

Latest