The Student Room Group

Any News?

Hiya,
I was wondering if applicants could expect any more news between now and Xmas... there is nothing worse than waiting!!

I have an interview on Dec 10th... after that I'll be twiddling my thumbs and waiting for an update.

Notts should get in touch some time in December (the last two weeks I think) ... please correct me if I'm wrong.

And as far as RVC goes... i think they're contacting ppl as and when.

Is anyone else getting impatient and banging their head against a wall?
Reply 1
Well I don't blame you! As a grad applicant I am pretty much in the same situation as you. But don't let it get on your nerves, right now it's vital to keep cool and wait until January! A few months back I only received confirmation letters from the four places I applied to. This week I have now received two emails from Edinburgh and Glasgow telling me that in order to take my application further they asked me to confirm that I am aware of the tuition fees for grads and to indicate who is going to fund my studies, otherwise they would not consider me further. I heard nothing apart from this - no calls for interview yet and I don't know what to make of this - whether they are really interested in me or not. Anyway I just have to wait and see what happens.
Reply 2
Where have you applied to?
Reply 3
I have applied to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Bristol and Liverpool.
Reply 4
Ive applied to Notts, RVC and Cambridge... they don't charge full fees for graduates... otherwise my choices would have been different.

As if getting vet school isn't hard enough... when finances are your limiting factor it's all the more difficult!
Reply 5
Yeah, I agree with you, but trust me it is also very hard to get offers from high fee places. The difference in the number of applications received in high and low fee places is marginal. So basically it is hard wherever you apply in the UK. Coming back to your first post I have been informed by Glasgow that they will interview graduates after the New Year. However, I am not sure if it is the same for the places you have applied to.
Reply 6
I remember my interview for nottingham was the 2nd of february last year, my cambridge one was in december, my bristol one was really late in february or march....but I think the timings vary a lot, like I was at my Notts interview and there were people who'd already had a bristol interview and offer, so the process can span quite a few months, I know waiting it the really frustrating part though. Good Luck
Reply 7
I've applied for the 6-year course at Nottingham and just got a letter through today about an interview on the 11th December! Less than two weeks...!
If I remember correctly they interview 5-year candidates later on?
Reply 8
Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your the first person Ive heard of!
Reply 9
Lizziee
I've applied for the 6-year course at Nottingham and just got a letter through today about an interview on the 11th December! Less than two weeks...!
If I remember correctly they interview 5-year candidates later on?

My 6-year sources tell me that the interviews for them are in Dec (poss early Jan) :smile: and the 5 year are normally Feb time yep....

Good luck everyone!! Hope to see some of you at interview!!! xxxxxxxx
Reply 10
Can I just ask, on the RVC website it says they need a transcript of your degree marks. Does this detail the marks of every assignment you have done or just module grades?
Reply 11
Ooh good going on your Nott'm interview!! Hope to see you there!! (probably will...I don't think I'm helping with Jan interviews due to rugby commitments)
Reply 12
Shockley, all you have to do is to ask the university or college from where you gained the degree to provide you with a full degree transcript of your results. It basically lists all the grades you achieved in all your past exams (it also lists grades you may have gained in assignments which you have submitted).

Latest

Trending

Trending