Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok so basically i finished my A-levels and got my results last week. I ended up with CCD in Business, ICT and Economics respectively. Not what i was looking for or wanting! I was hoping to get at least BBB to go and do Accountancy at Birmingham Uni. Since my grades aren't good enough, i'v decided i want to retake some of my weaker modules and try to boost them up to around the ABB mark which i really feel is possible if i put the work in.

Another thing i'm hoping to do is take all the modules in January and if all goes well, will have my results in March and will have till September free, so maybe do some travelling or work then. Just wondering if anyone has been in my position before and done the same thing? I didn't want to go through clearing as i would prefer to go to one of the higher ranked uni's.

Basically would like to know, how things such as UCAS applications will work. Will i have to put down my current grades i have achieved, as i feel this may well affect my chances if they see what i got first time round? Anyone been or know someone in a similar situation has come through this? Anything else anyone can advise or help me on, please, would really appreciate this! Thank You! Omar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matrixman397)
    Ok so basically i finished my A-levels and got my results last week. I ended up with CCD in Business, ICT and Economics respectively. Not what i was looking for or wanting! I was hoping to get at least BBB to go and do Accountancy at Birmingham Uni. Since my grades aren't good enough, i'v decided i want to retake some of my weaker modules and try to boost them up to around the ABB mark which i really feel is possible if i put the work in.

Another thing i'm hoping to do is take all the modules in January and if all goes well, will have my results in March and will have till September free, so maybe do some travelling or work then. Just wondering if anyone has been in my position before and done the same thing? I didn't want to go through clearing as i would prefer to go to one of the higher ranked uni's.

Basically would like to know, how things such as UCAS applications will work. Will i have to put down my current grades i have achieved, as i feel this may well affect my chances if they see what i got first time round? Anyone been or know someone in a similar situation has come through this? Anything else anyone can advise or help me on, please, would really appreciate this! Thank You! Omar
    I'm pretty sure it's compulsory that you have to put down the grades you got originally and the re-sits. I'm not 100 per cent sure though.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. Can anyone else please shed some light on this? Please anyone with any advise would really appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. Can anyone else please shed some light on this? Please anyone with any advise would really appreciate it!
    Just phone up your college and ask.

ReputationRep:

no you dont have to put down your grades, just your predicted grades. so what you have to do is convince your teachers you will change your attitude and make sure you get the predicted grades.
    note: if you are applying to oxbridge then they will ask you what you got.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

If you're going to retake some modules you will have to decline your current grades. Then your grades won't exist! If you're only retaking the A2 modules then you can keep your AS grades (if they're good enough) and put those down on your form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    no you dont have to put down your grades, just your predicted grades. so what you have to do is convince your teachers you will change your attitude and make sure you get the predicted grades.
    note: if you are applying to oxbridge then they will ask you what you got.
    Ok, thanks very much. Yeah i'm pretty sure i can get my teachers to predict me at least ABB as thats what i'm aiming for and hopefully explaining my situation will help. Thanks to all that replied!! :cool:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.