The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2280
Original post by Skaiyote
It's not a genuine democracy but it is mainly peaceful with a functioning government :rolleyes: only you the supporter of Al Shabab ffs would see that as a bad thing.

lol David Cameron and others have dismantled Somalia? No they didn't. That was down to the people in the North. The referendum in 2001 97.9% of Somalilanders wanted an Independant state so please don't make things up. Also Cameron can praise it all he likes but fact is Somaliland is not recognised as an independant state anwhere in the world.

Thanks for calling me a pathetic nationalist :h: I personally would love an Independant Somalia but right now it isn't going to happen with all the conflict going on in the South.

Let us get things straight have you ever been to Mogadishu currently it is the most stable it has been since ICU had a stranglehold there, I am merely stating that they should not be vilified for mistakes they are making rather advised which I'm sure you an armchair follower of Somalia is not in favour of.

Here are some of the positives things they have done:
Fighting off the Ethiopian leeches and AMISOM.
Desecrating graves which Sufis in Somalia worship(major shirk)
Banned Khat.
Fighting off the TFG who are two faced liars and would sell the country for a million dollars.
I see Isaaqs are still crying over the bombings in the 80s. Siad Barre killed everybody and persecuted Majeerteen more than Isaaqs. Somalia is gone as we knew it however this fantasy entity known as "Somaliland", will probably not become a state for the near future. I personally support the secession of "Somaliland" given that they won't be claiming lands that isn't there's.

Thank you, and goodbye.
Original post by FaraxZeroIncome
I see Isaaqs are still crying over the bombings in the 80s. Siad Barre killed everybody and persecuted Majeerteen more than Isaaqs. Somalia is gone as we knew it however this fantasy entity known as "Somaliland", will probably not become a state for the near future. I personally support the secession of "Somaliland" given that they won't be claiming lands that isn't there's.

Thank you, and goodbye.

I'd just like to say I :love: your username, it's very... Somali. :teehee:

I don't know much about Somali politics to comment at the matter at hand so :getmecoat:
Has anyone heard of the new political party 'Hanoolaato'? If you have, what are your thoughts on them?

Here's are some links I found, if you haven't;
- http://www.hanoolaato.org/?p=335
- http://www.hanoolaato.org/?p=326

I just heard my parents talking about them and was interested to know what you guys thought!:biggrin:

Thank you, and goodbye.

I'm really tired of people talking about Somaliland as a fantasy because we're not recognised, despite of the progress we've made and despite having a working government.

Siad Barre betrayed Somaliland after uniting. I can see why the majority of them are not trusting Somalia anymore. And Isaaqs are probably not the only ones "crying" over the bombings or Siad Barre

Original post by Don'tNod
I'd just like to say I :love: your username, it's very... Somali. :teehee:

I don't know much about Somali politics to comment at the matter at hand so :getmecoat:

Are you somali? Welcome :biggrin:
Original post by The Cornerstone
I'm really tired of people talking about Somaliland as a fantasy because we're not recognised, despite of the progress we've made and despite having a working government.

Siad Barre betrayed Somaliland after uniting. I can see why the majority of them are not trusting Somalia anymore. And Isaaqs are probably not the only ones "crying" over the bombings or Siad Barre

Are you somali? Welcome :biggrin:
I am! :awesome: I have posted a couple of times in here but, as you guys seem to only yap about politics, I've little to contribute most of the time. :sad: Anyway :wavey:
I am! :awesome: I have posted a couple of times in here but, as you guys seem to only yap about politics, I've little to contribute most of the time. :sad: Anyway :wavey:

Sorry, but it doesn't happen all the time :tongue:

:wavey:
Sorry, but it doesn't happen all the time :tongue:

:wavey:

No need to apologise! Not all of the time but (imo) most of the time. :tongue: I'm not complaining; I need to educate myself when it comes to Somalia's past. :cool:

The Isaaqs ARE the only ones crying even though the man killed everyone. You have made progress I can't deny that.

Good luck with that progress, good luck in limbo.
No need to apologise! Not all of the time but (imo) most of the time. :tongue: I'm not complaining; I need to educate myself when it comes to Somalia's past. :cool:

It's annoying really, yet being Somali means you can't keep quiet when someone says something you disagree with (and almost every Somali feels strongly about Politics and Religion)..

I think it's killed this thread tbh
I have posted a couple of times in here but, as you guys seem to only yap about politics, I've little to contribute most of the time. :sad:
Same here! :sad:
The Isaaqs ARE the only ones crying even though the man killed everyone. You have made progress I can't deny that.

I believe other clans were present during the bombings and still are in Somaliland. Plus they're not really "crying", they just seperated from Greater Somalia and combing back now to an unstable Somalia wouldn't make sense.

Original post by In2deep
It's annoying really, yet being Somali means you can't keep quiet when someone says something you disagree with (and almost every Somali feels strongly about Politics and Religion)..

True, but it's the same thing IRL tbh. What else is there to talk about?
I believe other clans were present during the bombings and still are in Somaliland. Plus they're not really "crying", they just seperated from Greater Somalia and combing back now to an unstable Somalia wouldn't make sense.

There were other clans but they aren't crying, only Isaaq are. How many times do I have to repeat that?

Also, I am for the secession of "Somaliland", I believe when there's peace, we are better off without "Somaliland". I believe the less mouths to feed the more there is to go around. It wouldn't contribute economically and with oil in Puntland, and agricultural prospects in the south, we are much better off.

I also don't want Isaaqs claiming land that isn't there's, including Sool, Sanaag and Cayn which are inhabited by Darood. Good luck with secession though, I also suggest a name change.
There were other clans but they aren't crying, only Isaaq are. How many times do I have to repeat that?

You keep repeating because I keep telling you they're not.

Also, I am for the secession of "Somaliland", I believe when there's peace, we are better off without "Somaliland". I believe the less mouths to feed the more there is to go around. It wouldn't contribute economically and with oil in Puntland, and agricultural prospects in the south, we are much better off.

It wouldn't contribute?There's reports of Oil and Natural gas in Somaliland onshore and offshore but that's fine if you don't want it, Somaliland isn't really big on union either.

I also don't want Isaaqs claiming land that isn't there's, including Sool, Sanaag and Cayn which are inhabited by Darood. Good luck with secession though, I also suggest a name change.

It doesn't matter, those regions belonged to us before Puntland tried to get their hands on it.

And what's up with you referring to Somaliland as Isaaqs? It might be the majority but there are other clans and it has a name.
You keep repeating because I keep telling you they're not.

It wouldn't contribute?There's reports of Oil and Natural gas in Somaliland onshore and offshore but that's fine if you don't want it, Somaliland isn't really big on union either.

It doesn't matter, those regions belonged to us before Puntland tried to get their hands on it.

And what's up with you referring to Somaliland as Isaaqs? It might be the majority but there are other clans and it has a name.

"Somaliland" is Isaaq, the other regions are not. They don't belong to Isaaq and will never belong to you. In 1991 all regions changed.

Even Awdal left "Somaliland". http://www.voanews.com/somali/news/Minnesota-Awdal-State-oo-Lagu-Dhowaaqay-119194524.html

Your so-called territory is shrinking daily. It's clear that it's a despot.

There are no concrete evidence of oil in "Somaliland" other than seeps of 4 barrels of oil that was discovered. Puntland has 200 million cubic feet of proven gas reserves and a minimum of 6 billion barrels of oils (not proven yet).

And keep telling me you aren't crying. The reason for secession or at least the official reason is the Siad Barre reason. What's this? Explain that to me, this great monument. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ac/Hargeysa_plane_monument.jpg/800px-Hargeysa_plane_monument.jpg
Original post by In2deep

:lol:

Yeah. :emo:

Original post by Piecewise
Same here! :sad:

All you need to do is read the convo these dudes had while we were away. :emo:

So what's everybody up to? What A levels/GCSEs do you do? :blah:

Yes, I'm trying to change the subject. :colone:
"Somaliland" is Isaaq, the other regions are not. They don't belong to Isaaq and will never belong to you. In 1991 all regions changed.

Even Awdal left "Somaliland". http://www.voanews.com/somali/news/Minnesota-Awdal-State-oo-Lagu-Dhowaaqay-119194524.html

Your so-called territory is shrinking daily. It's clear that it's a despot.

Sool and sanaag are part of our original territory of Somaliland and the defined original map of Somaliland is testament to this. There are different tribes and clans living there other than Darood such as Isaaq, Habar Yonis & Habar Jeclo (who are part of isaaq and the majority of Sanaag) and Dhulbahante and Warsangali so it doesn't matter if there are some Daroods living there.

Sool and Sanaag have a lot of Somaliland supporters and it would have been impossible to control the region without the help and support of the locals. The only problem there were from people who tried to disturb the elections by hijacking ballot boxes to prove that the people in the region did not want Somaliland. And a few conflicts from terror groups like SSC.

LOL, Awdal didn't leave somaliland. All that so called Awdal conflict is about is people who don't even live there that are complaining that no one is representing them even though they had a president from Borame for 8 bloody years and two consecutive vice presidents from the awdal region. The majority there are supportive of Somaliland.

The irony in this "awdal conflict" is that the state is probably one of the most patriotic state in Somaliland, the creator of both the Somaliland flag and the national anthem are from the Awdal region and the awdal people were the first to adopt Somaliland's multiparty system and the three main parties were initially established there. Awdal is a central part of Somaliland and any talks of leaving is just nonsense.

Nobody left anything, it is just tiny conflicts from minorities or villages that do not have an effect on the somaliland territoires or Somaliland as a whole.

There are no concrete evidence of oil in "Somaliland" other than seeps of 4 barrels of oil that was discovered. Puntland has 200 million cubic feet of proven gas reserves and a minimum of 6 billion barrels of oils (not proven yet).

Nonsense

Somaliland times
Hydrocarbon plays

The most compelling evidence that oil and gas accumulations may exist in Somaliland, as illustrated include:

Occurrence of oil seeps at Dagah Shabel.

Very good oil shows from several zones in most of the wells drilled including Dagah Shabel wells, Biyo Darer-1, Bandar Harshau-1, and Dab Qua-1.

Occurrence of mature oil-prone source beds with sufficient levels of organic carbon, together with potential reservoir rocks and structures in a variety of geological settings.

A number of Jurassic rift basins as well as Oligocene- Miocene sedimentary basins. These include Berbera/Guban (conjugate of Balhaf basin, Yemen), Daban, Las Dureh, Raguda, Al Mado (conjugate of the Masilah basin in Yemen ), and Nogal basins.

Widespread and appreciable thickness of porous and permeable reservoir rocks together with sealing rocks of Jurassic, Cretaceous, and Tertiary in age.

Evidence of structural growth during Jurassic, Cretaceous, and Tertiary times, which resulted in the formation of structural and stratigraphic traps.

The lack of success in the early exploration wells drilled in Somaliland is primarily due to the complexity of the subsurface geology, and the lack of subsurface control by seismic data. Somaliland is a region of relatively abrupt lateral changes of stratigraphy that is related to the rifting and differential vertical movement during Mesozoic and Tertiary times (Ali, 2005). From post-drill analysis of the failed wells, the majority were as a result of poorly defined trap, thin, or absent reservoir, or due to the seal being either thin or absent. In addition, several of the wells were almost certainly stratigraphic tests. These include Zaila-1, Zaila-2, Las Dureh-1, and Dagah Shabel-3.

Plus 21 wells have already been drilled in Somaliland

SOURCE: http://www.somalilandtimes.net/hydrocarbon_somaliland/somaliland_hydrocarbon_potential.htm

And keep telling me you aren't crying. The reason for secession or at least the official reason is the Siad Barre reason. What's this? Explain that to me, this great monument. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ac/Hargeysa_plane_monument.jpg/800px-Hargeysa_plane_monument.jpg

It's a bloody memorial! Does having WWII memorials mean that the British are still crying about WWII?

It's to remember our struggle during the civil war, and if that means "crying" then they are pouring tears.

Please take your anti-somaliland BS elsewhere :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Sool and sanaag are part of our original territory of Somaliland and the defined original map of Somaliland is testament to this. There are different tribes and clans living there other than Darood such as Isaaq, Habar Yonis & Habar Jeclo (who are part of isaaq and the majority of Sanaag) and Dhulbahante and Warsangali so it doesn't matter if there are some Daroods living there.

There's no such thing as the "original" territory. Use common sense for Christ sake.
And no, others did not live there but started moving eastwards due to pastoral needs. You don't even seem to know your own history.

I don't believe I can continue in a rational conversation with you beyond this message if you believe idoor is the majority of Sanaag. I really, I just, I just can't ..:facepalm2:

Sool and Sanaag have a lot of Somaliland supporters and it would have been impossible to control the region without the help and support of the locals. The only problem there were from people who tried to disturb the elections by hijacking ballot boxes to prove that the people in the region did not want Somaliland. And a few conflicts from terror groups like SSC.

SSC is not a terrorist group otherwise their leadership wouldn't have been able to hold a conference just 1 km from my house. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/other/des/123085.htm

Pathetic, calling others terrorists because you don't agree with their views.

LOL, Awdal didn't leave somaliland. All that so called Awdal conflict is about is people who don't even live there that are complaining that no one is representing them even though they had a president from Borame for 8 bloody years and two consecutive vice presidents from the awdal region. The majority there are supportive of Somaliland.

The irony in this "awdal conflict" is that the state is probably one of the most patriotic state in Somaliland, the creator of both the Somaliland flag and the national anthem are from the Awdal region and the awdal people were the first to adopt Somaliland's multiparty system and the three main parties were initially established there. Awdal is a central part of Somaliland and any talks of leaving is just nonsense.

Nobody left anything, it is just tiny conflicts from minorities or villages that do not have an effect on the somaliland territoires or Somaliland as a whole.

Awdal did leave "Somaliland". I just showed you the proof. What's the matter with you? Denying facts are we?

Let me show you some more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CspgxHO_PrQ

http://www.sunatimes.com/view.php?id=975

http://www.sunatimes.com/view.php?id=976

http://harowo.com/2011/05/04/wishful-thinking-%E2%80%9Cthe-declaration-of-awdal-state-rattled-%E2%80%9Csomaliland%E2%80%9D-establishment%E2%80%9D/ < Pro-"Somaliland" website

I like how you dismiss facts as nonsense. I knew another guy who did that.

PS. The only reason Riyaale was governor was because Egal made it so before he died. He knew it was to appease gadabursi. I know a lot of gadabursi and they know as well as I that it's about the money. No one would go along with this kleptocracy anyway. It's a single family rule, this family is called Isaaq. It's land is around half of what they claim.

Nonsense

Plus 21 wells have already been drilled in Somaliland

SOURCE: http://www.somalilandtimes.net/hydrocarbon_somaliland/somaliland_hydrocarbon_potential.htm

Don't quote your own propaganda units you imbecile.

It's a bloody memorial! Does having WWII memorials mean that the British are still crying about WWII?

It's to remember our struggle during the civil war, and if that means "crying" then they are pouring tears.

Please take your anti-somaliland BS elsewhere :rolleyes:

It's pathetic, that's what it is. Kulaha "War memorial" :cry:. I am not anti "Somaliland", I am anti occupation.
(edited 12 years ago)
I don't see why either somalia or somaliland want to reclaim land when there are much more important things to do as have been said in this thread many times e.g;improvements in agriculture, healthcare, education, however the basis will be a strong primary industry from which we can build upwards to a quartenary industry.
Original post by Stratos
I don't see why either somalia or somaliland want to reclaim land when there are much more important things to do as have been said in this thread many times e.g;improvements in agriculture, healthcare, education, however the basis will be a strong primary industry from which we can build upwards to a quartenary industry.

Indeed

The Somaliland/Somalia argument is becoming extremely petty.

Latest