Idoscience
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Biomed or engineering . I ask this because I wanted to do dentistry but did get in so opted for biomedicine and then enter as a graduate I'm worried I won't be able to become a dentists and that I would waste time so should I do engineering instead and leave dentistry
simplytheworst
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your two options would be either to retake (assuming you missed grades or were you not given an offer?) and then apply again after a gap year, or do an undergraduate degree which is science related and then apply for Graduate Entry Dentistry.

If you missed your grades or weren’t given an offer but really want to do dentistry then I say take a year out and retake or just apply again. If you are unsure then go down route two, and do something else, because you can always come back to it at the end of your undergraduate degree. It may be worth thinking about funding with all of this - I am not an expert on how it works.

Good luck!
Idoscience
Rep:
?
(Original post by medblrintraining)
Your two options would be either to retake (assuming you missed grades or were you not given an offer?) and then apply again after a gap year, or do an undergraduate degree which is science related and then apply for Graduate Entry Dentistry.

If you missed your grades or weren’t given an offer but really want to do dentistry then I say take a year out and retake or just apply again. If you are unsure then go down route two, and do something else, because you can always come back to it at the end of your undergraduate degree. It may be worth thinking about funding with all of this - I am not an expert on how it works.

Good luck!
Thank you for your reply , I did legacy so can't retake anymore and am currently due to start biomedicine at Uni . I was hoping for postgrad study into dentistry but your right funding is a problem And I may consider something else . Thank you for your tie and goodluck to you too
simplytheworst
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Idoscience)
Thank you for your reply , I did legacy so can't retake anymore and am currently due to start biomedicine at Uni . I was hoping for postgrad study into dentistry but your right funding is a problem And I may consider something else . Thank you for your tie and goodluck to you too
Sorry, I have no idea what legacy is? I’m getting old! Also as a final thing Graduate Entry Dentistry is like Graduate Entry Medicine whereby the NHS funds the first £3500 of your course (regardless of having already studied or whatever) and you can get a student loan for the rest. All is not lost!
Idoscience
Rep:
?
(Original post by medblrintraining)
Sorry, I have no idea what legacy is? I’m getting old! Also as a final thing Graduate Entry Dentistry is like Graduate Entry Medicine whereby the NHS funds the first £3500 of your course (regardless of having already studied or whatever) and you can get a student loan for the rest. All is not lost!
Thank you , you have made me more optimistic 🎓👍🏼🎓👍🏼 lets do this
simplytheworst
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Idoscience)
Thank you , you have made me more optimistic 🎓👍🏼🎓👍🏼 lets do this
Good! You can do it, it just might be a different path to the one you originally planned for!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate