The Student Room Group

Online Crush

Basically, quick summary, I met this guy on omegle, he's 18 and I'm 16 so the age is all good but he lives all the way in France and I live in England and we used to talk all the time but then I suddenly stopped because I felt embarrassed that I started to have feelings for a guy I hadn't ever met (silly, i know lol) but anyway I messaged him again recently, he said he liked me too and wants to continue talking to me after my silly behavior for which I'm really happy for.

In my head I can see this going somewhere but in reality it seems so difficult because I've got super duper strict parents so I don't think I'll be able to like video chat and stuff and I really want to meet him, we were going to meet up earlier in the year but I couldn't because of my parents.

So, I'm thinking of waiting until I finally head off to university where I might be able to have some independence although they did say that they'll (or just my dad) even come with me to university and buy a house there (a bit doubtful because I have younger sibilings which will still be in education). But anyway, I'm afraid incase he can't wait until I go university (2 years) and just stops talking to me because he thinks I'm making excuses to not see him and stuff.

I really do like him and I want to see him really badly but my parents are so strict, I mean, I've asked them several times but I'm not even allowed to see my friends outside of school unless it's an occasion like their birthday. I'm not quite sure on what to do at this stage.
Reply 1
At 16, do you think you can commit to long distance relationships, especially that your parents are strict? I think an internet-exclusive relationship will be very hard, you'll be keeping it low-key too and it's not easy. I think it's a good idea to wait until you're off to uni but keep your options open and definitely don't get too attached for the time being.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
At 16, do you think you can commit to long distance relationships, especially that your parents are strict? I think an internet-exclusive relationship will be very hard, you'll be keeping it low-key too and it's not easy. I think it's a good idea to wait until you're off to uni but keep your options open and definitely don't get too attached for the time being.

Honestly, I'm not even sure, in reality I don't think I can and that's what I was thinking :/ but yeah, you're right. Thank youu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending