bri90bri
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have a spent conviction on my current PVG certificate. I work full time in an NHS hospital as a health care assistant. My conviction is for fraud which was due to using a family members bank card when I should not have. They decided to charge me not knowing the implications it might have. Will this stop me applying to study nursing even although my employer still employed me knowing about the conviction?
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
only a HEI can answer this , also as you are a HCA i'm sure you are all ready a member of the RCN or Unison and their legal depts would be able to provide some advice
mel_l218
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bri90bri)
I have a spent conviction on my current PVG certificate. I work full time in an NHS hospital as a health care assistant. My conviction is for fraud which was due to using a family members bank card when I should not have. They decided to charge me not knowing the implications it might have. Will this stop me applying to study nursing even although my employer still employed me knowing about the conviction?
Hi, if you did decide to apply to study adult nursing at university when you submit you're ucas application, you will need to declare this, the university may ask you more about it prior to, on the interview/selection day or after. They will take the conviction into account when deciding to offer a place. You will just need to be upfront and explain the situation. They will also need to take into account if you will be able to register with the NMC when you finish the degree.
Other students have successfully got places on nursing & midwifery degrees so it isn't impossible. You could always ask the universities you would be applying to, to see if they can give more specific advice.
I don't have personal experience only what I've picked up from others.
I hope this helps.
paulbarlow
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
mm nasty. first it a bad offence to have theft and breach of trust.how long ago was the offence. your going to have to be very convincing.that you admit you did it that you have learnt from it and that you have changed. you do face a serious chance of being refused. how did you get a hospital post did they not ask about your offending.
annroseb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi. I am unsure but the most important thing to do is to be honest. When you are applying for your course you should be completely honest and transparent about the criminal conviction. If you are honest they can understand and hopefully it won't go against you, but i am unsure of this. If you decided to not disclose about your offence it would most likely go against you and you may not be able to get into nursing. Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (142)
42.64%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.71%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.11%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (71)
21.32%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.21%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
6.01%

Watched Threads