The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Adjustment? Should I still apply?

Thank you all for your responses
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
You may be disappointed, but those results are not nearly as bad as you think! Are you seeking remarks in the subjects where you were very close to the grade boundary?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Beth_H
You may be disappointed, but those results are not nearly as bad as you think! Are you seeking remarks in the subjects where you were very close to the grade boundary?

But I don't know what London universities I can apply to with those grades for mechanical engineering (apart from Brunel maybe), I really wanted to apply to UCL.

I don't know if it's worth to get them remarked just for UCAS because they're both reformed subjects and remark costs 50 quid plus it's a gamble.
My friend went from a D in AS level to an A in A2. Just work hard and apply with good predicted grades!
Reply 4
Original post by notespad
My friend went from a D in AS level to an A in A2. Just work hard and apply with good predicted grades!

Thank you that gives me hope that if I work hard next year, I can do well. But do you thinks it's worth me applying to UCL or am I just crazy for even thinking that?
Original post by vglmorire
Thank you that gives me hope that if I work hard next year, I can do well. But do you thinks it's worth me applying to UCL or am I just crazy for even thinking that?

Hi, im going to Mech Eng this Sep and I can tell you that your PS will matter the most. Altho I achieve pretty good AS result (AAAC), I still dont think my grades influence whether or not I received the offer. You still have the option to not declare your grade and just really express your desire to do Mech Eng by writing a phenomenal PS ( Im sure you have lots to say :wink: ) . Best of luck my friend :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by vglmorire

He asked me the same thing - now he is going to UCL!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending