PanTAloooons
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I achieved ACC with the A in Psychology and the Cs in Maths and Biology.
I called up unis that were in clearing and have been offered a place to do biomedicine at the Birkbeck the uni of London or medical sciences and Oxford Brookes. The main aim for me is to complete the degree and apply for post grad medicine.

Which uni would be best tailored?
One of the main difference is that Birkbeck does evening classes (6-9pm) rather than afternoon ones like the other unis.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PanTAloooons)
I achieved ACC with the A in Psychology and the Cs in Maths and Biology.
I called up unis that were in clearing and have been offered a place to do biomedicine at the Birkbeck the uni of London or medical sciences and Oxford Brookes. The main aim for me is to complete the degree and apply for post grad medicine.

Which uni would be best tailored?
One of the main difference is that Birkbeck does evening classes (6-9pm) rather than afternoon ones like the other unis.
No degree course is tailored for grad entry medicine. Pick the uni with the more interesting course and think about other things that are important to you like the one you've already identified i.e evening classes.
PanTAloooons
Rep:
?
(Original post by alleycat393)
No degree course is tailored for grad entry medicine. Pick the uni with the more interesting course and think about other things that are important to you like the one you've already identified i.e evening classes.
Would you think it's better to take a gap year and resit exams whilst taking up a level chem or to do an undergraduate in say the sciences and apply for GEM?
alleycat393
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Would you think it's better to take a gap year and resit exams whilst taking up a level chem or to do an undergraduate in say the sciences and apply for GEM?
Biology is linear so you would have to retake all the exams. Is that a risk worth taking? Medical schools don't tend to like retakes anyway and you'd need a year if not 2 to do chem. I'd say go with what you have atm and if you still want to do medicine after this degree then apply for gem.
PanTAloooons
Rep:
?
Biology is linear so you would have to retake all the exams. Is that a risk worth taking? Medical schools don't tend to like retakes anyway and you'd need a year if not 2 to do chem. I'd say go with what you have atm and if you still want to do medicine after this degree then apply for gem.
Yh that's true. Thank you
RegisteredBMS
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd argue BSc Clinical Science at Bradford is geared towards it with the transfers in Year 0 and Year 1 and then the optional modules gear towards it.
alleycat393
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yh that's true. Thank you
(Original post by TraineeBMS)
I'd argue BSc Clinical Science at Bradford is geared towards it with the transfers in Year 0 and Year 1 and then the optional modules gear towards it.
You do like to argue don't you sound advice quoting in the OP for their attention
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (120)
64.86%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
21.08%
Yes but I might change my mind (26)
14.05%

Watched Threads