How to ask to be released into clearing?? Watch

hijaaab
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I got the grades to meet the offer for my firm choice at Birmingham for medicine. However, Leeds offered me a place for medicine yesterday after I got rejected post-interview and honestly, Leeds is where I've always wanted to go as it means I can stay at home.

What do I say to Birmingham for them to release me into clearing? And how long do you think it will take? Idk why it all feels a bit risky as I have Birmingham as my firm and Liverpool as my insurance both for medicine.
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hijaaab)
I got the grades to meet the offer for my firm choice at Birmingham for medicine. However, Leeds offered me a place for medicine yesterday after I got rejected post-interview and honestly, Leeds is where I've always wanted to go as it means I can stay at home.

What do I say to Birmingham for them to release me into clearing? And how long do you think it will take? Idk why it all feels a bit risky as I have Birmingham as my firm and Liverpool as my insurance both for medicine.
You just need to phone your firm and asked to be placed into clearing. But, make sure you have a verbal offer confirmed from Leeds.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

you have to just nicely ask to be released into clearing, be aware this could take a few hours and that leeds haven't given you a deadline to meet.
StudentofGCSE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I asked Surrey to release me into clearing yesterday it was pretty simple. You have to call up Birmingham and tell them to release you into clearing, I think every uni has different requirements, for Surrey I had to send an email with my details formally asking to be released and explaining why you want to be released. They also told me to put the subject as release because they said they will prioritise release requests. It took Surrey around 2 hours for them to release me it was pretty quick and then you go onto track and add a clearing choice after that its just down to your new uni to formally accept you on track and that can take up to several days. It does feel risky but as long as you have something like an email from Leeds to confirm you definitely have a offer with them (they should have given you a code) then you can confidently ask Birmingham to release you. Good Luck
hijaaab
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks for your advice guys. Just emailed them today and got released into clearing, didn't take long at all!
Soulsurfer96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you have to include your personal statement in clearing application or they just look at your old application?
laurapatt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Hi, how did you manage to get an offer from Leeds before youd been released into clearing? Im hoping to do a similar thing but ive read that you cant get clearing offers until youve withdrawn from your firm/ insurance place?
Blazingphoenix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by laurapatt)
Hi, how did you manage to get an offer from Leeds before youd been released into clearing? Im hoping to do a similar thing but ive read that you cant get clearing offers until youve withdrawn from your firm/ insurance place?
Noting the date of the post, this seems to have occurred after results day. It is possible that Leeds under-recruited last year and therefore reached out to their threshold candidates to offer them a place. In a sense, this wasn't an offer via clearing (don't think Leeds was doing medicine clearing, but correct me if I'm wrong) but due to the way UCAS works, it had to be offered via the clearing system. They already knew who they were going to offer the places to, so they contacted them via email.
CandyCandy44
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for your advice guys. Just emailed them today and got released into clearing, didn't take long at all!
Hi what did you put in email
hijaaab
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by CandyCandy44)
Hi what did you put in email
Hey it was really short, just put my UCAS ID at the top and then something like 'I am writing to request a release into clearing'. I think I put a reason down saying I had the option to stay at home which is more convenient idk but it wasn't detailed at all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.72%
Excited (147)
8.95%
Worried (297)
18.08%
Terrified (371)
22.58%
Meh (151)
9.19%
Confused (36)
2.19%