The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

CLV - Belgrave View

Hi, just had my accommodation email from the uni. As part of their Freasher's Guarentee Scheme they put me in CLV- Belgrave view. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Barris216
Hi, just had my accommodation email from the uni. As part of their Freasher's Guarentee Scheme they put me in CLV- Belgrave view. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Not me personally as I've not even been allocated anywhere yet. But I've seen this happen to a few people in Facebook groups.
It seems as though people are getting accommodations they haven't even applied for :frown:

What were your choices?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2

Yep me too. What do you think about it? I just talked to living and they said apparently they had a load of people applying for the Vale ones. Where did you apply?
Reply 3
Original post by axc5
Not me personally as I've not even been allocated anywhere yet. But I've seen this happen to a few people in Facebook groups.
It seems as though people are getting accommodations they haven't even applied for :frown:

What were your choices?

I think I put mason, Chamberlain and another non catered en-suite option. I called up the UoB accommodation people and they said they had 10,000 under grads and only 6,000 on their own site.
Thanks for the reply!
Reply 4
Original post by ajh07847
Yep me too. What do you think about it? I just talked to living and they said apparently they had a load of people applying for the Vale ones. Where did you apply?

Yeah I think all but one of my choices was in the Vale. Spoke to UoB accommodation and they said they block booked Belgrave View and said that we would all be living with other UoB Freshers. I'm just happier knowing that we are sharing with people going to the same uni. Apparently they have a free on-site gym and lots of local amenities.
Reply 5
Yeah I think all but one of my choices was in the Vale. Spoke to UoB accommodation and they said they block booked Belgrave View and said that we would all be living with other UoB Freshers. I'm just happier knowing that we are sharing with people going to the same uni. Apparently they have a free on-site gym and lots of local amenities.

Same here, I think pretty much all mine were. That's better than I thought, yeah I'm happier now you've said that. Easier to travel together in the first few weeks or whatever.
It doesn't look too bad, it's got quite a lot of social facilities as well. Looks much better now I've gone into it. GP apparently isn't that far either :smile:
Same here, think it's a bit of a cop out from the uni as no one would have even put this as a choice in the first place! Bit bummed out about the 45 minute walk to the uni, but hopefully of we're all together it'll be alright! Just thinking if there's anyway of getting any partner accomodation nearer to the uni ?
Reply 7
Same here, I think pretty much all mine were. That's better than I thought, yeah I'm happier now you've said that. Easier to travel together in the first few weeks or whatever.
It doesn't look too bad, it's got quite a lot of social facilities as well. Looks much better now I've gone into it. GP apparently isn't that far either :smile:

Trying to fill in their application form and they have me as an international student!
Reply 8
Original post by BillyBrowning
Same here, think it's a bit of a cop out from the uni as no one would have even put this as a choice in the first place! Bit bummed out about the 45 minute walk to the uni, but hopefully of we're all together it'll be alright! Just thinking if there's anyway of getting any partner accomodation nearer to the uni ?

I wouldn't have put it down either as it's so far out.
Reply 9
Me too, it wasn't any of my preferences, the rooms however do not look bad
Reply 10
i am so nervous, Birmingham is so far from home, I really wanna get to know people, I'm most likely gonna be staying at belgrave view. Anyone else staying there? Maybe drop your contact info and we could get to know each other before hand
Original post by FH0987
i am so nervous, Birmingham is so far from home, I really wanna get to know people, I'm most likely gonna be staying at belgrave view. Anyone else staying there? Maybe drop your contact info and we could get to know each other before hand

If you are on the University of Birmingham Official Fresher and ask to be put in the Belgrave view chat, there's a messenger group chat now :smile:
Trying to fill in their application form and they have me as an international student!

Ah that's not good!
Reply 13
If you are on the University of Birmingham Official Fresher and ask to be put in the Belgrave view chat, there's a messenger group chat now :smile:

Howwww??
Anyone else having trouble with the application stage? It didn't even give me the option to choose between bronze, silver or gold. Also, it's asking me to pay my first installment rent of £3600 before I receive my student loan. Not to mention the first installment rent is more than the student loan I will be receiving!
Reply 15
Original post by minor69er
Anyone else having trouble with the application stage? It didn't even give me the option to choose between bronze, silver or gold. Also, it's asking me to pay my first installment rent of £3600 before I receive my student loan. Not to mention the first installment rent is more than the student loan I will be receiving!

Check it again, they only ask for a deposit of 250£ (which you will get back if the room is in good condition at the end of the year) and they also ask for 2 weeks rent (around 300£) so they'll ask you for 550£ for the confirmation of your room, and yeh they didn't give me an option of bronze silver gold, I got bronze but I'm not too fussed I'll be saving money and the room isn't bad at all
Reply 16
Original post by minor69er

I just spoke to someone from admin, they said if you are a British student then the first instalment is 2 weeks not a full term, on top of this its 250£ deposit and that's all you gotta pay to secure your room. If you are international student however it is different (not sure how it is for international students)
Reply 17
If anyone knows how it is for international students please reply :smile:
Original post by lidzi_
If anyone knows how it is for international students please reply :smile:

I'm not sure how it is different but have you tried the chat feature on the application?
I'm in a Facebook Group Chat for Belgrave View if you would like to be added to it

EDIT: I'm room A46A
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending