The Student Room Group

Retaking Modules

I have a university place for next year, but I was marginally off in A level maths for the A*. I was wondering whether if it's a good idea to retake C4, as this was the module that was lower than expected, whilst studying at university?

It's mainly for competitive grad schemes, as I feel an extra A* may help?
Original post by Xphoenix
I have a university place for next year, but I was marginally off in A level maths for the A*. I was wondering whether if it's a good idea to retake C4, as this was the module that was lower than expected, whilst studying at university?

It's mainly for competitive grad schemes, as I feel an extra A* may help?

An A is still really good. Are you sure this is something you'd manage? It would be a lot worse to take some of your degree study time to dedicate to an A-level you've already finished and done really well in
Reply 2
Well I have the option to study modules at my university which overlap with the a level, so it wouldn't be like I would forget how to do elements of it, nor dedicate extra time as such. I may just need to do past papers to get used to the format closer to the exam date, as it is one of the ones in the last week.

I'm just wondering whether it would be beneficial in the future by increasing the grade to an A* or if it wouldn't be at all?

Original post by chelseadagg3r
An A is still really good. Are you sure this is something you'd manage? It would be a lot worse to take some of your degree study time to dedicate to an A-level you've already finished and done really well in

Quick Reply

Latest