The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Repeating a year at university

My son did not submit a module in his first semester at Uni. He says he did not get the opportunity to submit it later (we did not know he had not submitted) The progression board at his University said he needs to re-register and repeat 1st year. He thinks that means only the module he did not submit. I think it means repeat all the modules. He is not good at asking questions or it seems communicating with us. If I ask will the University tell me or do I have to make sure he speaks to a tutor.?
Hi Jacq,

I can't speak on behalf on Staffordshire but usually a student will repeat the modules they have not passed. For example, if you didn't pass two then you would only repeat those two.

The best thing to do would be to email his tutor. I also struggle to speak to people so maybe emailing his tutor/department will be easier.

Good luck to him for next year 🤞

^Kam
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Original post by Jacq56
My son did not submit a module in his first semester at Uni. He says he did not get the opportunity to submit it later (we did not know he had not submitted) The progression board at his University said he needs to re-register and repeat 1st year. He thinks that means only the module he did not submit. I think it means repeat all the modules. He is not good at asking questions or it seems communicating with us. If I ask will the University tell me or do I have to make sure he speaks to a tutor.?

Hi,

The best thing to do would be for your son to log onto e:vision then go to My Course, then View Your Results. On here he will need to select the course which he is taking (if he has done more than one then these will be listed) and then all of the information and results about his course will be there. This will include notes on anything needing to be retaken.

If this page isn't clear then it would be good for him to contact his personal tutor to find out some more information.

If you need any other advice then please do get back in contact.

Kris

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending