DESPERATE- should i get my physics AS remarked?

Watch
susanajoshua
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I got 93/140 which is a B in my physics AS and the A boundary is 95/140. Should i get my papers remarked and how likely would my grade go up?? Also, do I get my money back if the marks do go up???...
Little Tail Chaser
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Physics has been reformed, so it doesn't count towards your full A level. Therefore the only reason to get it remarked would be to help convince your teachers to predict you higher, i.e. an A*. What grade do you need in physics for university courses that you are interested in?

There's a fairly low chance of your grade going up (around 20% of remarks last year), but if it does then you do get your money back, yes.
AnIndianGuy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sciences are unlikely to go up, and since it's linear you can just push for an A* next year
susanajoshua
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I would like to do engineering in university... would having an A in physics in AS help or not...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads