getting into uni Watch

12.primo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i have failed my As twice and i understand why i failed twice so i am 18 now and starting btec, my question is if i get good results in my btec course can still het into a good uni or my resitting twice As levels will influence my future in going into a good uni i really want to go to a russel group University.
i know some people will say do an apprenticeship but i do not want to take that route.
plz give me some helpfull advice and not negative comments on why i failed twice my exams, i am already in tough situation.
thank you very much for your help
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 12.primo)
i have failed my As twice and i understand why i failed twice so i am 18 now and starting btec, my question is if i get good results in my btec course can still het into a good uni or my resitting twice As levels will influence my future in going into a good uni i really want to go to a russel group University.
i know some people will say do an apprenticeship but i do not want to take that route.
plz give me some helpfull advice and not negative comments on why i failed twice my exams, i am already in tough situation.
You could still get in somewhere with a Btec but best to contact the universities you are interested in before applying so you know for sure if they would accept you or not.
Coventry University
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I think first you need to find out which course you want to do and then you can search for the university who offer that course and see if they accept BTEC qualifications.

999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
Yes you will be fine as long as your BTEC grades are highest enough.I'd say about 90% accept BTEC, but as above checking is the best way. Presumably you are doing the extended diploma?

Its better because its coursework for 80% and that might suit you better.
ilovepizza123456
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Depends on the course really and institution. I have one A-Level in psychology and a double BTEC in Applied science and I got into Nottingham university which is a Russell Group with B and d*d. So yes you can get into a russell group with a BTEC but depends on the course and place
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (71)
14.29%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (76)
15.29%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (94)
18.91%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (197)
39.64%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (26)
5.23%
No particular grades needed (33)
6.64%