The Student Room Group

Does a computer science course need accreditation?

hello,
i've just been offered a place to study Computer Science at Goldsmith and I was wondering if accreditation is important? will i be able to do a postgraduate even if the undergraduate course doesn't have accreditation?
Taggin in @shadowdweller who just graduated with a Computer Science degree :smile:
Original post by Vanellope
hello,
i've just been offered a place to study Computer Science at Goldsmith and I was wondering if accreditation is important? will i be able to do a postgraduate even if the undergraduate course doesn't have accreditation?

Hey, just as an initial point, you can read more about BCS Accreditation here :smile:

I personally looked for a uni that offered accreditation, as I thought it was a good thing to have; that said, I've had a quick look at a few MSc courses, and they don't seem to require an accredited course. Have a look at things like graduate employment rate for the uni too, and see if it's decent :biggrin:
If accreditation does become a thing for you to worry about, it will be just as easy to pick up the accreditation in a postgraduate course following an undergrad one. It has no effect on your postgraduate application.
hello,

It reconnects with the MD5 hash optical line
hello,

Of course you can do a Postgraduate course... Even Oxford's BA CompSci has no BCS Accreditation. Most (if not all) Postgraduate programmes ask for a 2:1.

BCS accreditation just means you are exempt from the educational elements of becoming a CEng or CITP.

http://iansommerville.com/systems-software-and-technology/bcs-accreditation-of-computer-science-degree-courses/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending