anse1505
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
can someone explain to me what i would be able to do with a degree in human biology?

would i be able to go into optometry from that degree, or is it just a waste of time
_ngx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey I just did the Human Bio course. I don't think it's a waste of time it's basically like a bridge between a levels and uni. You're essentially resisting at uni lol

I need to get 75% overall and since only 8 people applied to move onto Optometry they let me in with 72%.

With the course you get tutorials, workshops and lectures. Biology is compulsory and then you choose out of CHEM/ physics in first semester and then you can also choose maths in second if you've done well in one of the "scientific skill" module which is basically gcse maths 😂

Hope I've helped x
_ngx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you talking about the foundation course in plymouth? Cause I meant to say I finished the foundation year now I'll be moving on to first year Optometry
MP167
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by _ngx)
Hey I just did the Human Bio course. I don't think it's a waste of time it's basically like a bridge between a levels and uni. You're essentially resisting at uni lol

I need to get 75% overall and since only 8 people applied to move onto Optometry they let me in with 72%.

With the course you get tutorials, workshops and lectures. Biology is compulsory and then you choose out of CHEM/ physics in first semester and then you can also choose maths in second if you've done well in one of the "scientific skill" module which is basically gcse maths 😂

Hope I've helped x
In the foundation year how are you assessed? Does it involve any coursework?
_ngx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MP167)
In the foundation year how are you assessed? Does it involve any coursework?
Yeah coursework, lab work and exams

Bio you have mid term and end of semester (half multiple q, half short answer)
CHEM i only did in first semester (lab work, lab report, exam)
Maths with stats: 2 in class tests and 2 stars online tests
Then u have to coursework modules :
First semester includes gcse maths online test (multiple q) and an essay and referencing coursework
Second you have an essay and referenceing again but also a group presentation. I'm not sure about second CHEM or physics modules as I did maths lol. Hope this helps x
MP167
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by _ngx)

First semester includes gcse maths online test (multiple q) and an essay and referencing coursework
Second you have an essay and referenceing again but also a group presentation. I'm not sure about second CHEM or physics modules as I did maths lol. Hope this helps x
S
(Original post by _ngx)

Sorry to bother you again but I want to know if the teaching is good and also what books do you recommend for the foundation year?

Thanks for your help
_ngx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MP167)
Sorry to bother you again but I want to know if the teaching is good and also what books do you recommend for the foundation year?

Thanks for your help
They usually just use the ppts. Bio lectures have more info. I think for CHEM they give an ebook. Just check the library for books there's no specific one lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19