Driving test examiner asked me 3 "show/tell me" questions.. Watch

TheMcSame
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jackso)
I think you've confused yourself a bit. Remember, each test is different, including the circumstances you encounter whilst on the road. So whilst one driver can easily pass one morning, they could have failed that afternoon doing a different test despite having the exact same ability to drive. That is entirely down to luck.
That's the whole point, yes, there is the flaw that you could pass in one situation but not another, but any competent driver should be able to pass regardless of the situations they're presented. Driving out on the roads in your own time is no different, one day could be completely clear, the next it could be raining so hard that you can barely see the road ahead, how you navigate in those situations isn't luck, it's skill. It's only down to luck for those that aren't reasonably competent when it comes to driving.
sek510i
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Drivers who are good (rather than good enough) don't usually fail tests unless they are very unlucky, or nervous. This is coming from somebody who failed their first test on a single error.

A safe driver should be able to deal with difficult roads or situations, so even if the examiners try to find the hardest roads and situations for you, it still shouldn't be a problem.

(Original post by CherryPoppins)
these test centres are all corrupt. all the examiners scheme together
needs reform
Nope. You're just not good enough to drive on your own yet.

Get better, try again. Don't blame other people for your mistakes (you wouldn't have failed for one minor anyway). Most people get there in the end, but it'll take you longer if you don't admit to your mistakes.
dickwhittington
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Id argue that there is a small element of luck with a driving test, having terrible weather or angry/impatient drivers isn't gonna help your chances but in saying that, you should be able to competently handle anything that you might encounter on the roads

If it happens on your test, then it can happen after you've passed as well
rockhyrax123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Major faults are only given if your driving caused a potential danger to other road users. You are allowed 15 minor faults. If you get 16 minor faults, it isn't because you had a tricky course, it's because your driving is constantly sub-par. The test is only 40 minutes long. That's one fault every 2.5 minutes. That isn't bad luck, it's bad driving. If you got a major, you are not just a bad driver, you are a dangerous one. Failing a test is not bad luck, you are simply not ready to be on the road by yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (213)
60%
No (142)
40%

Watched Threads