The Student Room Group

Retake or go to Brunel?

My a level results were BDE which are terrible but I still managed to get into my insurance (Brunel) which wanted BBB for Economics and Accounting. I don't think my firm will accept me so should I retake my a levels and go to a higher ranked university or just go to Brunel?
I feel like if I go to Brunel I might regret it later on in life as I would've settled for less.
Reply 1
My firm choice was Aston which is where I really wanted to go!
Original post by cathartic
My firm choice was Aston which is where I really wanted to go!

call aston ask if they would accept you if you resat, then you can make an informed decision.
My a level results were BDE which are terrible but I still managed to get into my insurance (Brunel) which wanted BBB for Economics and Accounting. I don't think my firm will accept me so should I retake my a levels and go to a higher ranked university or just go to Brunel?
I feel like if I go to Brunel I might regret it later on in life as I would've settled for less.

Aston uni have dropped their grade req drastically for clearing, if you phone them they may say yes. Did you have any personal circumstances that may have effected your grades that say could have caused you to underachieve? Also its possible to transfer (upgrade) into another university after your second year if you achieve a 2.1 (60%) or higher. But note that not all unis offer transfers

if you feel u can get into your firm choice next time around, i would re take, because at the end of the day, u dont want to regret not only wasting next 3 years of your life, but all the money included in that. however, u would have to spend this next year studying hard to ensure u dont mess up again, because if u do, u would've wasted another year
Reply 5
Original post by NKSSSSS09
Aston uni have dropped their grade req drastically for clearing, if you phone them they may say yes. Did you have any personal circumstances that may have effected your grades that say could have caused you to underachieve? Also its possible to transfer (upgrade) into another university after your second year if you achieve a 2.1 (60%) or higher. But note that not all unis offer transfers

I called and they said the lowest they would accept is BCD and they do accept retakes.
Is it difficult to transfer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Ben ESC
if you feel u can get into your firm choice next time around, i would re take, because at the end of the day, u dont want to regret not only wasting next 3 years of your life, but all the money included in that. however, u would have to spend this next year studying hard to ensure u dont mess up again, because if u do, u would've wasted another year

Yeah I feel like doing this I'm really motivated to retake and get the grades needed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
you could go to brunel but resit one of two of your a level exams but reapply at the same time
that way even if you dont have your a level grades they way you want you still are at brunel and if you get into your firm drop out of brunel
I called and they said the lowest they would accept is BCD and they do accept retakes.
Is it difficult to transfer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh no!! why don't you get a re mark? Umm, transferring involves contacting the new uni and emailing over all your current course modules, making a new UCAS application, getting a new reference and so on so does require a bit of work!

But it is worth it in the end!
Reply 9
Original post by seconda1
you could go to brunel but resit one of two of your a level exams but reapply at the same time
that way even if you dont have your a level grades they way you want you still are at brunel and if you get into your firm drop out of brunel

Is this possible ? Would I have to drop out of Brunel and then reapply or can I complete my first year and still apply this September?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is this possible ? Would I have to drop out of Brunel and then reapply or can I complete my first year and still apply this September?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes
no you dont have to drop out
drop out when you have your firm uni and you dont have to tell brunel anything (i think) x
Reply 11
Original post by seconda1
yes
no you dont have to drop out
drop out when you have your firm uni and you dont have to tell brunel anything (i think) x

Thank you so much i think I'll do this it's a much safer route

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest