The Student Room Group

What is your WORST cinema experience?

Scroll to see replies

Went to see a LOTR movie when I was younger, and some teenagers kept using laser pointers to shine red dots on the foreheads of the characters.
Original post by JarJar2x4
I went to watch Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and this couple brought their infant baby. My gosh, it kept crying and eventually they left and never came back. So I am curious if anyone had an even worse experience?

3 people smuggled a bottle of spirits in to the cinema. They proceeded to get drunk and get very vocal during the film. I went to get the usher but by the time I got back they had gotten in to a row with someone and one of drunkards actually tried to fight another patron of the cinema. They left after the usher threatened to get the police.
After the film i was really tired and accidentally walked into a girls bathroom:colondollar:
Reply 23
not terrible but pretty funny actually. I'd been invited to watch Get Out (highly recommend it!) with my white friend. after the film ended we were one of the last two to leave the cinema, and I see a black couple leaving at the same time as us. they give me a knowing look as they leave, which makes me burst out laughing. my friend was so confused :')

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 24
Original post by bones-mccoy
You do know Titanic is based on a true story, right?

I know. I watched the documentary on the discovery channel when I was 9.
Wow these people have gone to *****y cinemas!
I just had about 5 chavvy women bring their hundreds of chavvy devil spawn, which ran around before and during the film. One of the mums shouted and swore at the kid to tell them to shut up. Great role models right there! I'd take them home for acting up as they were there for them evidently, but parents nowadays don't seem to understand discipline or punishments which ultimately creates more *****y people.
Original post by Jackieox
I remember one time the screen completely failed and the film cut off halfway through, all the lights came back on, eventually the screen came back on at a really important part of the movie then cut off again and we all then had to leave knowing half the film and the plot twist but not how it ended or anything =L

Same thing happened to me during the first Lord of the Rings film (scary to think how long ago that was). Screen & lights completely blown out halfway through the film. Everyone had to go home, but at least we got a free ticket to go and see it again.

Sitting in the front row for Wolf of Wall Street was horrible as well. Right in front of the screen at an awkward angle for 3.5 hours, I was in agony.
Reply 27
Original post by Captain Jack
I went to the cinema once in the day time to watch Master and Commander...

To be fair I could stop my story there, enough said. But it gets worse.

I was the only person in the cinema, then as the film started a silhouette came through the door and - despite the whole cinema being empty - sat three seats down from me in the same row and was REALLY HEAVILY BREATHING.

I really wanted to watch the film properly (as I hadn't seen how BORING it was at that point obviously) and I couldn't hear the film properly because of the seriously heavy breathing. So, I made the executive decision to feign a sore neck from the angle of the screen and moved back a few rows away from the noise.

As soon as I sat down in my new seat, the person too got up and moved back and proceeded to come and sit next to me in the same position in the new row.

At the time I was so annoyed that I couldn't hear the film over the heavy breathing but didn't move again so as not to appear seriously rude. The film was ruined by the heavy breathing, and the fact the film was rubbish.

It's only now I realise quite how weird that whole experience was and how I should probably have got outta there asap.

Why did the person keep following you?
I don't know if this the worst, but me and my friends went to see guardians of the galaxy 2 and there was a man child in front of us. He was laughing at parts that weren't even funny. It was kinda hilarious actually when i think about it.
Original post by JarJar2x4
Why did the person keep following you?

I don't know! Creepy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending