Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is this too much? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to carry 3 A2s on; Art, History and English Literature
    I have a cleaning job at the school, 2 hours after school every night - (£5.33 an hour, so £53 a week!)

I am wondering wether to go on this photography course at the local college - tuesday nights 7 till 9pm. I love photography and have talked about it alot in my personal statement, it would be valuable to my personal statement I guess - I could also put all the work I did into my A2 Art course.

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juxtapiped)
    I'm going to carry 3 A2s on; Art, History and English Literature
    I have a cleaning job at the school, 2 hours after school every night - (£5.33 an hour, so £53 a week!)

I am wondering wether to go on this photography course at the local college - tuesday nights 7 till 9pm. I love photography and have talked about it alot in my personal statement, it would be valuable to my personal statement I guess - I could also put all the work I did into my A2 Art course.

What do you think?
    Yes the course sounds like it would complement your ps, but will it get in the way of your studying, as you already have a cleaning job. However, if you feel you can deal with it, then go for it. At least try it out, and if the work load gets too much, just stop going.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a good idea. It seems a good plan, as long as you keep up with the work for your A2 levels, besides the photography course may come in useful. If it gets in the way with your school work, you could always quit your job or quit the photography course. Sure you'll be fine though.

My brother is doing four A2 levels right now and he works 5 days a week and he finds it ok, so you should be fine

*cLaIrE*
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    What do you want to do at uni? Would photography help with that? What qualification would you get at the end of the course?

Think about how much work you did for your AS's. You'll need to do at least that much work for your A2's, but probably more. If you struggled to find time to do everything you needed to then it will probably be too much. If you coped OK thenmaybe you'll be fine.

If you did decide to do the course but it was too much, would you be able to drop out easily without any penalty? Or would you be able to maybe do a few less hours at your cleaning job?

Think about it carefully, we can't give you a definitive answer here. Only you know how hard you find learning new things and how long it takes you to write essays etc. You could perhaps thinking about making a timetable now to see how you could fit everything in and see what spare time you would have.

ReputationRep:
    for AS I hardly worked, and did most homeworks the night before and often doing no work on some nights. (fortunately I got 4As!)

I found AS very easy, but I am told there is such a difference between AS and A2 - this is why I am enquiring.

Oh, and I'm applying for Philosophy.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.