The Student Room Group

Man shot after stabbings in Finnish city Turku

So that's two in two days.

When on Earth will the liberal left acknowledge the threat of Islamic terrorism?
Reply 2
Original post by Dot.Cotton
So that's two in two days.

When on Earth will the liberal left acknowledge the threat of Islamic terrorism?
I am "liberal left" and you won't find many people more outspoken about the problems inherent in Islamic ideology.
Reply 3
The police in Turku are now looking for "other possible" suspects.
https://twitter.com/AFP?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Original post by QE2
I am "liberal left" and you won't find many people more outspoken about the problems inherent in Islamic ideology.

True, but he may well find many not interested in confronting it like you among your liberal-left mates. Certainly more than among the not-so-liberal right, that's for sure.
Reply 5
A woman with a stroller was reportedly attacked by a man with a "large knife". Absolutely sickening.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/18/finland-stabbings-several-people-knifed-city-turku-one-man/
Reply 6
Original post by Mathemagicien
Why is this news? Just because the suspect is "foreign looking"?

Stabbings happen all the time in the US, nobody reports on those.

Two people are confirmed dead and police believe there are multiple attackers who may still be at large.

Also security has been heightened around nearby airports and train stations. The police clearly believe it to be something more than just a "stabbing".

And I'm pretty sure the local news where US stabbings occur report on those, just because we don't hear about it via UK media doesn't mean no one is reporting it.
Didn't something happen in Germany today too?
Original post by zhog
True, but he may well find many not interested in confronting it like you among your liberal-left mates. Certainly more than among the not-so-liberal right, that's for sure.
another Islam-criticising, liberal-left leaning, dedicated secularist here...
Original post by QE2

I'm sure you've answered this before, but what do you, as someone on the liberal left, think needs to be done to tackle the problems within Islam? As in practical solutions because while many seem to be very good at pointing out the problems, few seem to have workable or proportionate solutions.
Original post by Bornblue
As in practical solutions because while many seem to be very good at pointing out the problems, few seem to have workable or proportionate solutions.

We may propose workable solutions, lots which were a part of former causal caution on movement of people, or are and were tested at universities or even ancient schools (for example in medieval Tibet, 11 yo boys were taught logic on the level of 1st year on modern universities) but they won't be accepted by the establishment anyway.
Politicians didn't dedicate their miserable lives to adapt to the actual situation, but to enforce their brilliant ideas they got when they were 18-20 years old, alternatively they are corrupted by various agendas, and so on, and so on.

Damn, who one must be to go for politics... There are so many more interesting things to do...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Mathemagicien
Why is this news? Just because the suspect is "foreign looking"?

Stabbings happen all the time in the US, nobody reports on those.

Because that lot has been on a rampage recently, unless you haven't noticed, so suspicions are high everywhere. Your trolling is getting boring now and it isn't good either. I don't know why you bother.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending