The Student Room Group

Should I retake?

I need a*aa for my course at uni. I don't want to go anywhere else. I have achieved 3 As but in two of them I'm 1 mark off a stars and it's killing me. Should I retake or would the uni (Durham) take me for the course even though I haven't (yet) achieved the grades..currently getting remarks...:/
Original post by ineedA
I need a*aa for my course at uni. I don't want to go anywhere else. I have achieved 3 As but in two of them I'm 1 mark off a stars and it's killing me. Should I retake or would the uni (Durham) take me for the course even though I haven't (yet) achieved the grades..currently getting remarks...:/

Well since you're currently getting remarks, there's not much you can do at the moment except wait for the results of those. Have you informed Durham university of the situation? It is very important, especially since you were only one mark off a* in two of your a levels, that could cause them to be more lenient and let you in anyway. It does happen but of course it depends on the competitiveness of your course and also how everyone else who applied to your course did in their A Levels.

Best of luck!
Reply 2
Original post by tictactao
Well since you're currently getting remarks, there's not much you can do at the moment except wait for the results of those. Have you informed Durham university of the situation? It is very important, especially since you were only one mark off a* in two of your a levels, that could cause them to be more lenient and let you in anyway. It does happen but of course it depends on the competitiveness of your course and also how everyone else who applied to your course did in their A Levels.

Best of luck!

Yeah they didn't care how close I was. It's just is it worth doing another whole year for one mark..? It's economics
Original post by ineedA

I think Durham would understand, your grades are phenomenal. Call them up and see what they say, I am positive they would take you.
Reply 4
Original post by lizzyktaa
I think Durham would understand, your grades are phenomenal. Call them up and see what they say, I am positive they would take you.

They've rejected me:smile: they literally don't care how close I was. I've got a place next year if my grades go up😑
Reply 5
Original post by lizzyktaa

Do you think I can get into a*aa courses with my grades as is or do you think I'll have to retake?
Reply 6
Or if anyone know if I can
Reply 7
Bump
Reply 8
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest