The Student Room Group

Playing for a Sports Team if I commute

Afternoon all, I live literally 25/30 mins away from uni, including a walk and train journey so can't justify moving to halls really this year. I wanna play Rugby League for the uni though and was just wondering if it's still possible with last trains and that. Training isn't a problem but I won't be able to make nights out every week and I know that's a big thing at uni, especially sports teams.

Anyone think it'll be a problem in terms of me being selected? Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by charlie_966
Afternoon all, I live literally 25/30 mins away from uni, including a walk and train journey so can't justify moving to halls really this year. I wanna play Rugby League for the uni though and was just wondering if it's still possible with last trains and that. Training isn't a problem but I won't be able to make nights out every week and I know that's a big thing at uni, especially sports teams.

Anyone think it'll be a problem in terms of me being selected? Thanks.

30 minutes away is fairly short in terms of commuting times, so I wouldn't be concerned about that. Check what times last trains are but as they are quite late, they may perhaps interfere with team night outs but you can always Uber it back home for such occasions.

As long as you can commit to training sessions and matches, you'll be fine. Best of luck with your trials :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending