The Student Room Group

How to stop my universal credit

So basically im starting a course and i want to tell them and get it sorted without having to ring them as im petrified of phone calls ... how does one do that ?
Original post by Help-me-please
So basically im starting a course and i want to tell them and get it sorted without having to ring them as im petrified of phone calls ... how does one do that ?

Write a letter and hand it in. If you have a book then there might be a form in there to simply return and end your claim.
Original post by 999tigger
Write a letter and hand it in. If you have a book then there might be a form in there to simply return and end your claim.

I rang them and they wanted soo much information i always got soo anxious on the phone with them and they said they would send me a letter if it affects my money ... which i obviously will why couldn't they have closed the claim there and then agh its soo awkward
Original post by Help-me-please
I rang them and they wanted soo much information i always got soo anxious on the phone with them and they said they would send me a letter if it affects my money ... which i obviously will why couldn't they have closed the claim there and then agh its soo awkward

At least you will get the letter and can fill that in on your own.
They need your signed authority as you could be anyone.

You are going to have to get used to dealing with people as its part of daily life, so maybe some assertiveness training would be good as well as some cbt to teach you methods on dealing with anxiety.

Youve made a big step to closing it now, so progress. GJ

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending