The Student Room Group

Will a 'D' grade at AS Level impact my university application?

Hi all, not sure if this is the right forum for this so sorry if it is.
I have got my AS Level results and I got AABD in government and politics, history, geography and English Language and Literature respectively.
Although I am really happy about those grades, I am worried that universities may look at the 'D' in English lang lit. I am dropping the subject and not continuing it for A Level so that is the final grade for that subject. Technically this gives me 5 UCAS points for uni applications but I am worried that this may negatively impact the application instead.
I am looking to study politics at university by the way. Any information would be appreciated, thanks.
I highly doubt it.

But hey, I ain't an admissions tutor.
Those are good AS grades unless you are applying for a highly competitive course then they shouldn't affect it especially if you have dropped the subject with the D grade
Original post by Hegemon
Hi all, not sure if this is the right forum for this so sorry if it is.
I have got my AS Level results and I got AABD in government and politics, history, geography and English Language and Literature respectively.
Although I am really happy about those grades, I am worried that universities may look at the 'D' in English lang lit. I am dropping the subject and not continuing it for A Level so that is the final grade for that subject. Technically this gives me 5 UCAS points for uni applications but I am worried that this may negatively impact the application instead.
I am looking to study politics at university by the way. Any information would be appreciated, thanks.

I got BBC in my A levels and DE in my AS levels. Graduated from a RG university (as if RG means anything anymore, but still...).

Point is, you have no need to worry! You will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending