?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thank you all for your responses
annroseb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would look around all the unis that do the course you want to do and their entry requirements and see if they match your grades. If you have any queries you can always directly contact the uni and tell them your results and see what they say. All the best.
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just tagging in a few people who should have some good advice
Leeds City College
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fox Corner)
Just tagging in a few people who should have some good advice
Given the fact you are only a mark or so off some of your expected grades then I would say it is worth getting them remarked to make sure. You may find that if those grades change, then the options available to you will increase further so it's worth taking that step.

Good luck
Rav
University of Surrey
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by vglmorire)
I got my AS results yesterday
I got:
B in Maths
C in Further Maths
C in Chemistry (was one mark off a B)
C in Physics (was one mark off a B)

I wanted to apply to Imperial for Mechanical Engineering but that's out of the window now so do you know what I can do now? Should I still apply to UCL? Or what London universities do I have a shot at for Mechanical Engineering that have good job prospects? Is it worth getting my Chemistry and Physics remarked for the sake of UCAS application considering it's £50 each paper and it's a gamble (and my parents probably won't be on board with it cuz they're really pissed at me and won't even talk to me).

I'm really lost and my parents think it's the end of the world. I don't want to retake a year but I don't know what do.
Hi vglmorire,

Don't worry, it's not the end of the world!! Most unis will make offers in terms of your predicted A Level grades, but can take your AS grades into account too. I would advise calling up the Admissions teams in the unis you're thinking of applying to, explain your situation and then ask them if they would consider your application before actually listing them on your UCAS.

In terms of grades, here at Surrey we ask for AAB for the bachelors Mech Eng degree, and we're half an hour from London. It might be worth giving our Admissions team a call to see if they can advise you on your situation. Of course, the advice they give will be specific to this uni, but it should give you an idea of what unis take into consideration when assessing an application for Mech Eng. Feel free to give them a ring on 01483682222 if you wish

Regarding retaking a year, in the grand scheme of things it's not that long to get to where you want to be in the long run, so if it does come to that don't be too worried. Just get your head down and work your hardest and it'll fly by

And don't worry, your parents will eventually realise that it's not the end of the world!

All the best,
Ashley
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (134)
28.45%
No - I have already returned home (63)
13.38%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.75%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.55%
No - I live at home during term anyway (136)
28.87%

Watched Threads