lolllllllllsa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm going to be studying economics in September at Exeter, I've had a look at their website and I can see there is no option for student parking unless you have a disability or whatever.

However, the drive for me is about 3 hours compared to a just over 5 hour train journey so it would be much much easier for me to bring my car. I'm just wondering if there are any students that pay for longterm parking somewhere (affordable if possible) or pay for some sort of parking permit? It doesn't have to be near the uni, I definitely will not use my car whilst in Exeter, only to get back and forth from home to uni.

Many thanks!
QuentinM
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I never used a car at Exeter, but im fairly certain there arent any parking spaces. There are permitted areas, but these are just for staff I believe. Outside of these you can park in Car parks C or A, but its £6 a day.

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/visit/directions/carparks/
zahmed123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Don't use a car, do you know how much gas would cost each day plus you'd need to pay for parking. if train journeys are really that long I think it's still your best option.

have you considered getting accommodation near your uni?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (80)
26.85%
No - I have already returned home (36)
12.08%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (60)
20.13%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.4%
No - I live at home during term anyway (91)
30.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed