The Student Room Group

Repeat a year for PGT at Royal Holloway

I have been informed that my 2 courses had failed. Therefore I was offered to resit them again. However, Royal Holloway only permit 40 credits overall to be resat, and I have 50 credits (for 2 courses) so 1 of them was refused to be resat this summer vacation. I have emailed my department about this issue but they haven't answered me yet. So, I'd like to ask you guys that in my situation, will I have to repeat a year? Do I have to study for another year because of 1 failed course? Has anyone been in this likely situation before (especially at RHUL)? Please give me some advises as I'm really worried now. Thank you very much!
Original post by ShahEm
I have been informed that my 2 courses had failed. Therefore I was offered to resit them again. However, Royal Holloway only permit 40 credits overall to be resat, and I have 50 credits (for 2 courses) so 1 of them was refused to be resat this summer vacation. I have emailed my department about this issue but they haven't answered me yet. So, I'd like to ask you guys that in my situation, will I have to repeat a year? Do I have to study for another year because of 1 failed course? Has anyone been in this likely situation before (especially at RHUL)? Please give me some advises as I'm really worried now. Thank you very much!

This is a very circumstance specific question that only your uni can help with. Their own rules and regs will apply and their decision will be final. Have you talked to your tutor about this? You may also want to talk to the SU and see what their advice is. If you can't resit all the credits you may be forced to retake the year or resit in a year's time is what I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending