Lost A-level certificates do i need to pay for each certificate? Watch

ergy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So basically I did not receive any notification that I needed to pick up my A-level results so never received them. They probably rang my parents but I never found out about it. Anyway, I thought I was lucky as all my certificates are from the same exam board however on the website it says I need to make 3 applications seen as though I did 2 BTECs 1 AS and 1 A2. Does this mean i need to pay for each application as it would mean it would cost me £129. This absurd amount of money and was wondering if anyone else has needed to get certificates.

btw they are all from Edexcel http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...tificates.html
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ergy)
So basically I did not receive any notification that I needed to pick up my A-level results so never received them. They probably rang my parents but I never found out about it. Anyway, I thought I was lucky as all my certificates are from the same exam board however on the website it says I need to make 3 applications seen as though I did 2 BTECs 1 AS and 1 A2. Does this mean i need to pay for each application as it would mean it would cost me £129. This absurd amount of money and was wondering if anyone else has needed to get certificates.

btw they are all from Edexcel http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...tificates.html
By my reckoning it is 2, so £86.

One for AS and A2
One for BTEC.
CopperDragon
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ergy)

Unfortunately you do have to pay for every certificate that you require.
Einsteinium*
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not being rude or anything, but it really does tell people about you if you didn't know you had to pick up your results. Or at least on what day you had to pick them up

Have you contacted the school? Surely they will still have the certificate, and haven't just thrown it away in the trash (unless that's what you asked them to do)?
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Einsteinium*)
Have you contacted the school? Surely they will still have the certificate, and haven't just thrown it away in the trash (unless that's what you asked them to do)?
They're allowed to destroy them if they haven't been collected after a year.
Einsteinium*
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
They're allowed to destroy them if they haven't been collected after a year.
But is this not from this year's results day? If not, even so...
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Einsteinium*)
But is this not from this year's results day? If not, even so...
The certificates won't turn up until November.
ergy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Well, i did my A-levels in 2014 and to be honest did not want to go to university at the time and later changed my mind. I have had a number of jobs as well as a year in an apprenticeship all just wanting to see the results card. I'm not too bothered about paying for the certificates, after all, I am going to be in debt for the rest of my life anyway. it's just that is it even necessary for uni or can I just use results card with the results as well as the marks for each subject or do I need the certificates.

also just seen the price is without postage for certificates so will cost me 150
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (33)
25%
No (99)
75%

Watched Threads