Nhs healthcare apprentice interview! Watch

alishali
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i applied for healthcare assistant job and was wondering if you could tell me the sort of things they are looking for and what sort of answers you have to them.
Tell us about yourself?
How would your boss describe you?
What things do you least like about work? Relative rings asking for test results, what do you do?
What do you think this job involves?
Talk about a time where you have had to deal with a difficult customer/patient and what do you do?
A patient is very angry, what do you do?
A patient keeps ringing the buzzer in the middle of the night, what do you do?
Why might a patient be struggling to eat their food and what would you do to help them? How do you feel about confidentiality?
How do you feel about equality?
How would you make a difference in a team? What skills do you have?
Why do you want to work for the NHS?
lavender_rose
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by alishali)
i applied for healthcare assistant job and was wondering if you could tell me the sort of things they are looking for and what sort of answers you have to them.
Tell us about yourself?
What things do you least like about work? Relative rings asking for test results, what do you do?
Talk about a time where you have had to deal with a difficult customer/patient and what do you do?
Why might a patient be struggling to eat their food and what would you do to help them? How do you feel about confidentiality?
Hiya, I worked as a Therapy Assistant Apprentice so hopefully, I would be able to help.
1. Talk about your education, employment history and any relevant training. (don't bother telling them your age, where your from and how many goldfish you have.)
2. Mention a couple of your good traits (as longs as your truthful it shouldn't matter too much what attributes you give) e.g. Trustworthy/reliable, punctual, friendly, outgoing, organised, team player etc.
3. In my own opinion, things like too much paperwork taking away from patient contact but then I would say if I make sure i'm organised and get paperwork done quickly/efficiently this should remedy this issue.
4. Apologise and say you cannot give out patient details over the phone as this is against confidentiality and hospital policy.
5. Have a quick look at the job description and also mention other skills like communication, telephone skills, multidisciplinary team working.
6. This question will be personal to you.
7. Ask them what is wrong, tell them gently that you would like to help them and ask what you can do to help the situation, stay calm, and keep yourself and your colleagues/patients safe by calling security if needs be.
8. Bloody heck I had this happen to me after a woman had taken a cocktail of meds and was having hallucinations, all I could do was ask her what was wrong, stay calm, inform the nurse, and we also reduced the amount of drugs she was prescribed and just reassured her really but to be honest she was driving me crazy and I am a patient person hehe.
9. They may be in pain, mobility issues, demential, paralysis etc. Help them to eat with their permission.
10. It is imperative to comply with patient privacy and dignity laws, the Caldicott principles, and to maintain patient trust.
11. See above and also complies with the Equality Act 2010, and all people should be treated with equality and fairness and the same high quality care.
12. I obviously don't know your qualities but see answer 5.
13. It is really respectable and well known, it would allow me to help people, being part of a team, the NHS is one of the best worldwide health systems and you would love to be a part of it etc.

Hope this helps.
alishali
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
THANKYOU! have i missed any questions out that they asked you ??
(Original post by lavender_rose)
Hiya, I worked as a Therapy Assistant Apprentice so hopefully, I would be able to help.
1. Talk about your education, employment history and any relevant training. (don't bother telling them your age, where your from and how many goldfish you have.)
2. Mention a couple of your good traits (as longs as your truthful it shouldn't matter too much what attributes you give) e.g. Trustworthy/reliable, punctual, friendly, outgoing, organised, team player etc.
3. In my own opinion, things like too much paperwork taking away from patient contact but then I would say if I make sure i'm organised and get paperwork done quickly/efficiently this should remedy this issue.
4. Apologise and say you cannot give out patient details over the phone as this is against confidentiality and hospital policy.
5. Have a quick look at the job description and also mention other skills like communication, telephone skills, multidisciplinary team working.
7. Ask them what is wrong, tell them gently that you would like to help them and ask what you can do to help the situation, stay calm, and keep yourself and your colleagues/patients safe by calling security if needs be.
8. Bloody heck I had this happen to me after a woman had taken a cocktail of meds and was having hallucinations, all I could do was ask her what was wrong, stay calm, inform the nurse, and we also reduced the amount of drugs she was prescribed and just reassured her really but to be honest she was driving me crazy and I am a patient person hehe.
9. They may be in pain, mobility issues, demential, paralysis etc. Help them to eat with their permission.
10. It is imperative to comply with patient privacy and dignity laws, the Caldicott principles, and to maintain patient trust.
11. See above and also complies with the Equality Act 2010, and all people should be treated with equality and fairness and the same high quality care.
13. It is really respectable and well known, it would allow me to help people, being part of a team, the NHS is one of the best worldwide health systems and you would love to be a part of it etc.

Hope this helps.
(Original post by lavender_rose)

Hope this helps.
lavender_rose
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
THANKYOU! have i missed any questions out that they asked you ??
Sorry it's been a couple years since the interview so I don't remember a lot of it. I do remember they were really impressed that I done extra research into the area that the job was in (respiratory) so definitely do your background reading and show your keen. I think you covered a lot of the main questions though. Good luck.
Danny Dorito
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tell us about yourself?
Just tagging a few people in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (127)
60.48%
No (83)
39.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise