The Student Room Group

Who else is getting a remark?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sid The Kid
Don't you get the money back if it goes up a grade?

You do (or down.)
Reply 21
I have done AS QAA chemistry and biology.
I need only 2 raw marks in both for A.
should I get them remarked?
all the 4 papers or some of them?
I got my results - A*AB.

The B was in AQA economics and I was 3 marks away from an A!

Considering I had to sit 3 papers that's just ONE extra mark needed in each paper for an A!!

Should I go for the remark?
Original post by mattymoo432
I got my results - A*AB.

The B was in AQA economics and I was 3 marks away from an A!

Considering I had to sit 3 papers that's just ONE extra mark needed in each paper for an A!!

Should I go for the remark?

If you do try, try one paper at a time. That may reduce the amount of money you spend and reduces the chance that 1 goes up and one goes down leaving you no better off than before (but £100 poorer).
I got 59/80 in Paper 1
45/80 in Paper 2
60/80 in Paper 3

So it's Paper 2 that's let me down.
Reply 25
I am in the exact situation with AS math! I also got 239/300 but my teachers arent encouraging me to get a remark cause they think it wont change anything :s-smilie:
I'm getting a remark of my English Lit AS - got a B, both papers getting remark as I truly believe there's been an error
I was 5 marks off an A in AS French and found out that I only got a low B in my speaking when I got a high A in my mock and I was sure that my speaking exam had gone really well! Does anybody know whether you can ask for any feedback back or get your track back? I don't know whether it would be beneficial for my teacher to be able to listen to the track or not? I don't want to send it off for remark in case it goes down since I was only one mark into the B grade. I might be sending off my writing paper as I was only one mark off an A in that.
Original post by ricogordon235
I'm one mark off of the next grade in Economics desperately need the Grade any ideas what I can do is just getting it remarked the best option also done poorly on a mthas ed excel paper but im sure i didnt do as bad as they are saying need 7 marks for a A overall :l

You can request a priority photocopy of your script to see whether or not it's worth sending off for a remark and this will be done through your exams officer, so I'd get in contact with them asap - your teacher could also go through it as well and give you their opinion if you can get in touch with them. The deadline will depend on which exam board you're on. If you can't wait for a photocopy and you need the grade quickly, I'd suggest getting a priority remark but you never know whether it will go up or down then as I'm not sure you'll have time to get the script back? I hope it all goes well for you and in the end, go with your gut instinct.
Original post by tudorfanatic123
You can request a priority photocopy of your script to see whether or not it's worth sending off for a remark and this will be done through your exams officer, so I'd get in contact with them asap - your teacher could also go through it as well and give you their opinion if you can get in touch with them. The deadline will depend on which exam board you're on. If you can't wait for a photocopy and you need the grade quickly, I'd suggest getting a priority remark but you never know whether it will go up or down then as I'm not sure you'll have time to get the script back? I hope it all goes well for you and in the end, go with your gut instinct.

thanks i appreciate the help
Original post by tgys44
I am in the exact situation with AS math! I also got 239/300 but my teachers arent encouraging me to get a remark cause they think it wont change anything :s-smilie:

Experience says it probably won't, but you can try if you think it's worth it.
I was 5 marks off an A in AS French and found out that I only got a low B in my speaking when I got a high A in my mock and I was sure that my speaking exam had gone really well! Does anybody know whether you can ask for any feedback back or get your track back? I don't know whether it would be beneficial for my teacher to be able to listen to the track or not?

If your teacher conducted the oral then they almost certainly still have a recording of it in school.

I might be sending off my writing paper as I was only one mark off an A in that.

There is no point stressing about the grades on individual papers. The only think that matters is theoverall grade.
I'm one mark off of the next grade in Economics desperately need the Grade any ideas what I can do is just getting it remarked the best option also done poorly on a mthas ed excel paper but im sure i didnt do as bad as they are saying need 7 marks for a A overall :l

For Edexcel exams your school can download a copy of your marked script for free if you give them permission. For other exam boards you have to pay - and the deadline is this thursday 24 August.
already got into med school so it shouldn't matter but got A*AB (resat a2 biology, lol didn't even improve on my grade) and I was literally 1 UMS off an A!!
Original post by Compost
If your teacher conducted the oral then they almost certainly still have a recording of it in school.

There is no point stressing about the grades on individual papers. The only think that matters is theoverall grade.

We had a visiting examiner do the speakings, so I think only the exam board will have it? I'm on AQA. Thank you!
We had a visiting examiner do the speakings, so I think only the exam board will have it? I'm on AQA. Thank you!

You're probably right then. :frown: We always do our own and keep copies/.
Original post by Compost
You're probably right then. :frown: We always do our own and keep copies/.

Yes, we did that at GCSE but my teachers wanted to get an examiner in for A Level :frown: oh well, I'll contact my teacher and exams officer and see if they can get anything from AQA.
i got 40/80 , 60/80 and 43/80 need one mark for the next grade but not sure which one to remark too

I'm gonna get all marked
Original post by Compost
For Edexcel exams your school can download a copy of your marked script for free if you give them permission. For other exam boards you have to pay - and the deadline is this thursday 24 August.

Is there a later deadline for non priority? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pix2015
Is there a later deadline for non priority? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

22nd September (I think!)

Quick Reply

Latest