Physiotherapy interview tips Watch

HCHF
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've been invited for a mini interview at St. George's University of London on Monday after applying for the course through adjustment . I've been told I've met the academic requirements and now await my interview. Does anyone have any tips or advice for the interview . Also does anyone know if the interview is just a formality and I most likely have a place or if the interview will likely help them decide whether or not to give me a place ? Thanks in advance
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Summer15
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HCHF)
I've been invited for a mini interview at St. George's University of London on Monday after applying for the course through adjustment . I've been told I've met the academic requirements and now await my interview. Does anyone have any tips or advice for the interview . Also does anyone know if the interview is just a formality and I most likely have a place or if the interview will likely help them decide whether or not to give me a place ? Thanks in advance
I would take it quite seriously and not assume anything. Physio interviews are fairly serious and although I never applied to St George's, I have friends at university who did and who attended interviews there. Each physio school interviews differently, for example, some do traditional sit-down-and-talk type interviews (usually with 2 people interviewing you), whilst some do group tasks and then an individual interview, others do 'station' interviews and as far as I'm aware, from current Physio students who interviewed at George's, they do stations - check that with your own research though as I never interviewed there. George's have a reputation of being one of the more formal schools when it comes to their interview process - so I would approach it systematically.

Write down probable questions and some current NHS issues. Make sure you know what the CSP is and what it does and make sure you can explain what Physiotherapy actually is/what physios do - they want to see your understanding of the profession. Try to include your work experience in most questions they ask - keep reflecting back on what you learned from it.

Be confident, stay relaxed, know your stuff, smile a bit and you'll have a very good shot. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll help as much as poss.
HCHF
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Summer15)
I would take it quite seriously and not assume anything. Physio interviews are fairly serious and although I never applied to St George's, I have friends at university who did and who attended interviews there. Each physio school interviews differently, for example, some do traditional sit-down-and-talk type interviews (usually with 2 people interviewing you), whilst some do group tasks and then an individual interview, others do 'station' interviews and as far as I'm aware, from current Physio students who interviewed at George's, they do stations - check that with your own research though as I never interviewed there. George's have a reputation of being one of the more formal schools when it comes to their interview process - so I would approach it systematically.

Write down probable questions and some current NHS issues. Make sure you know what the CSP is and what it does and make sure you can explain what Physiotherapy actually is/what physios do - they want to see your understanding of the profession. Try to include your work experience in most questions they ask - keep reflecting back on what you learned from it.

Be confident, stay relaxed, know your stuff, smile a bit and you'll have a very good shot. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll help as much as poss.
Thanks for the informative response . I'll try to do some more research so I can hopefully answer any of the questions they throw at me. Thanks so much ! I hope I get in !
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
eaj2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HCHF)
Thanks for the informative response . I'll try to do some more research so I can hopefully answer any of the questions they throw at me. Thanks so much ! I hope I get in !
Hey!! what made you choose st Georges? any specialties that set them apart from other schools? xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby