The Student Room Group

Student Nurses and Midwives

I am currently pregnant and due next year Feb. I was just wondering how you would make up placement hours, as I would be on maternity leave during placement period.
You would probably join another cohort that has started after you and continue your course with them depending on how long you are taking for maternity
Original post by Samira1868
I am currently pregnant and due next year Feb. I was just wondering how you would make up placement hours, as I would be on maternity leave during placement period.

I would agree with Moonkatt, another of the girls in our cohort had a baby and I believe she will be rejoining with the year below. But it would be worth asking your own uni though as it could be different and I would check what happens with your bursary too if you were in the year that still received it. Congrats in advance for the birth of you little one.
Original post by lavender_rose
I would agree with Moonkatt, another of the girls in our cohort had a baby and I believe she will be rejoining with the year below. But it would be worth asking your own uni though as it could be different and I would check what happens with your bursary too if you were in the year that still received it. Congrats in advance for the birth of you little one.

dpending how long you take as maternity you are going to be joining the cohort '12' or '18' months behind your yours ( quote marks as they often aren;t exactly that due to term dates etc )
Reply 4
You join the year below and make your hours (clinical and theory) that way. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending