The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy NFL Thread 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Motorbiker
Also, close battle for the championship but won't be decided tonight.

Michael Thomas let me down a bit but Goff delivered on opponents bench so can't be too mad.

I left Goff on the bench in two leagues, this may have lost me both of them.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
I left Goff on the bench in two leagues, this may have lost me both of them.

Still very close. Bailey having a good game.
Already won one league, hope Agholor has an absolute belter to cancel out Foles.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Already won one league, hope Agholor has an absolute belter to cancel out Foles.

Luckily for you Foles had a terrible game and Crabtree literally did nothing.

Congrats! I'd rather lose by 15 points or so instead of 1 then it's not like a single catch or start /sit decision cost me the title.

I do regret benching Lewis to deliberately lose week 14 now due to Rodgers not delivering and I can't even claim normal season champion... :'(

Congrats! I'd rather lose by 15 points or so instead of 1 then it's not like a single catch or start /sit decision cost me the title.

I do regret benching Lewis to deliberately lose week 14 now due to Rodgers not delivering and I can't even claim normal season champion... :'(

It was a close run thing, you’ve outscored me most weeks this season and in hindsight Brady was a shocking choice at QB.

Started Stafford(!) over Goff in my other league, Gurley bailed me out of that one.
Reply 165

I regret you doing that as well

2nd season in a row I’ve made the playoffs and finished 3rd, maybe we should change the playoffs to week 16/17 as I can’t win week 15
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by joecphillips
I regret you doing that as well

2nd season in a row I’ve made the playoffs and finished 3rd, maybe we should change the playoffs to week 16/17 as I can’t win week 15

Nah, can't play in week 17, that's crazy talk.

I'm not wanting to check what would have happened if I'd have just started Lewis that day then picked up bortles. I may have been ok but lots of what ifs etc.
Congratulations to the champion!

At least i won the losers bracket of the playoffs with 5th in this league (and my other league).

We need to start the thread earlier next year, to agree rule changes like trade deadline etc before we draft
Reply 168
Nah, can't play in week 17, that's crazy talk.

I'm not wanting to check what would have happened if I'd have just started Lewis that day then picked up bortles. I may have been ok but lots of what ifs etc.

You would have won the regular season (head to head tie-breaker)
Knockin 2nd
Me (laces out) 3rd
4th I think tebow

If it’s divisional standings that are used first then tebow based one division ranking they tied 1-1 head to head and I have a head to head advantage on them 2-0 and a better divisional record than Shad

If it’s just a 3 way tie-breaker then I still have that with a 3-1 record head to head record v them and then Shad has a 2-2 record but with me having a superior record it goes to a 2 way tiebreaker meaning tebow

That would have lead to (if you picked up bortles or Rodgers)
1st me
2nd you
3rd knockin
4th tebow
(edited 6 years ago)
Back for next year i’ll Launch the thread once the draft is concluded. We’re talking round 7 then we are formulating the league for next year, got enough experience to make a few tweaks.
Had a stinker this year lads. Sorry for not being more active!

For the first time this season I kind of only focused on my own team, so my fantasy awareness dropped hugely.

I'll be back with a bang next season though :biggrin:
Original post by ..DT..
Had a stinker this year lads. Sorry for not being more active!

For the first time this season I kind of only focused on my own team, so my fantasy awareness dropped hugely.

I'll be back with a bang next season though :biggrin:

I had this problem a bit. Jags were good and very watchable so just watched them and RedZone when they weren’t on. Left me with knowledge of lots of TD dependent WRs but not much else.
http://m.playoffchallenge.fantasy.nfl.com/group/344740 password "guest" come join in some fantasy for the playoffs
Might draft Julian Edelman next year based on how hilarious he is in this NFL Mexico documentary
I see the league has been activated...

Dez caught it is back. More relevant and less relevant simultaneously with the new revised catch rule and Dez being dropped...
Right then, I'd love 12 teams, trade deadline at trade deadline, and nobody autodrafting, holler if you are in. Happy to be comissioner again unless anyone has any objections to that.

Also could do without the last pick of the draft for the 2nd year running so RNG god please be kind.
Reply 176
Original post by Wattsy
Right then, I'd love 12 teams, trade deadline at trade deadline, and nobody autodrafting, holler if you are in. Happy to be comissioner again unless anyone has any objections to that.

Also could do without the last pick of the draft for the 2nd year running so RNG god please be kind.

I’m in, this year is my year, all I need to do is sort out week 15
I'll be back. (Just like the Broncos!) I had a down year, where I was focused more on the college game than the NFL.
Yeah get me involved.

Im hungry for them Ws
Original post by Wattsy

I know a few real life people interested this year. Not enough to run my own league but enough to bump us up to a solid 12 hopefully. Would be nice to get a good live draft date chosen well in advance

Quick Reply

Latest