Rupie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
As this post would expect didn't get the art grades to get into uni but it's not possible to retake at my school, in a year. I need a third grade to re apply for next years uni. What can I do as most colleges don't do 1yr A levels ?
RBP_98
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
self teach and then enter yourself as an outside applicant?
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you saying that you want to retake ARt or that you want to find another A level to do in a year?
Pix2015
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You might be able to fast track an A-level. I'm staying an extra year and I plan to fast track. I think it all depends on the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Calumjacko
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Pix2015)
You might be able to fast track an A-level. I'm staying an extra year and I plan to fast track. I think it all depends on the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What A-Level are you doing in a year?
Pix2015
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Calumjacko)
What A-Level are you doing in a year?
Oh I'm (hopefully) fast tracking BTEC Performing Arts. But I know you can fast track a levels, because people who are in my year are doing it next year. But as I said it depends on the subject. You can't fastrack maths as you need first year knowledge for the second year. But you might want to consider an different arty subject as they are now linear so only the second year counts. And considering you have already done an Art course, you know how things work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rupie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Don't really want to do the Art retake, very able to do subjects like philosophy or sociology etc but it would appear colleges are geared towards retakes not 1yr A levels. Not sure to trust online exams companies. Aiming for a Russel Group uni.
Pix2015
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rupie)
Don't really want to do the Art retake, very able to do subjects like philosophy or sociology etc but it would appear colleges are geared towards retakes not 1yr A levels. Not sure to trust online exams companies. Aiming for a Russel Group uni.
I understand why you wouldn't what to retake Art. Have you asked your college whether they will let you fast track? You may need to pick a subject on the side though, because they only get funded if you are a full time student.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.35%
Not great so far... (251)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.66%

Watched Threads