The Student Room Group

Have other people’s clearing choices been confirmed?

I received a verbal offer from Newcastle University yesterday. This was based on some (pretty awful) A Level grades I got last year, but they gave me the offer given my extenuating circumstances of being in hospital and predicted much higher grades.

I’ve accepted the offer on UCAS Track but it is still saying “the university is considering your application”. I am getting really worried, as I can’t do anything like sort out accommodation or get into the facebook group until my place has been confirmed, and i’ve now missed the deadlines for my other offers. I’ve rang up the uni several times and they keep telling me that they are processing the acceptances and will confirm it “if everything is verified and ok”. What if it isn’t? I’ve now missed all my other offers and it’s been over 24 hours!!! Is anyone else still waiting for their uni the confirm the place on UCAS track?
Reply 1
i'm in the exact same position as you and i think from reading this forum, so are a few others- i received a verbal offer from UEA in clearing after missing my insurance by one mark (fml). they told me they'd send me an email confirmation and it took a few hours and another phone call to finally get that. after entering the choice on track i'm still waiting for them to confirm, and i know that there's no reason why they should reject me now when they've already given me email confirmation, but like you i just want the peace of mind and to be able to sort accommodation. try not to worry and just be patient (also bear on mind its now the weekend so you could be waiting until at least monday)

congrats on getting into newcastle though, it was my firm and it's a fab uni :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Ucas track can take up 24-48 hours to update dw

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending