The Student Room Group

Car diesal

Help iv just brought a nissian duke 1.6 diesal. Am for some reason i keep stalli g the car finding the bite. Prople sayi g im not putting enough revs on but im doing 1500-2000 revs an still stalling can i pull off without using the revs(gas) then when foot is off clutch put foot down to go.
Yeah that's what I do :smile:
Reply 2
Moved to cars and motoring

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by emmamariekitty
Yeah that's what I do :smile:

Which 1 have the revs up abit or jist lift clutch up n then out foot down to go. Thanks
Original post by avfcliam92
Which 1 have the revs up abit or jist lift clutch up n then out foot down to go. Thanks

Lift the clutch up then put foot on the gas
Reply 5
What car you have. Is it a diesal???
Help iv just brought a nissian duke 1.6 diesal.

What did Sal do to deserve this?!
Reply 7
Help iv just brought a nissian duke 1.6 diesal. Am for some reason i keep stalli g the car finding the bite. Prople sayi g im not putting enough revs on but im doing 1500-2000 revs an still stalling can i pull off without using the revs(gas) then when foot is off clutch put foot down to go.

You're bringing the clutch up too quickly.
Reply 8
Didnt even clock it was spelt wrong. Opps my bad lol
Reply 9
Original post by RogerOxon
What did Sal do to deserve this?!

I legitimately laughed out loud.
Reply 10
Original post by IWMTom
You're bringing the clutch up too quickly.

Can i just pull off without any gas then an soon as it hits the bite put my foot down on the gas to go. I was doing it sometimes but majority of the time i stalled it. But i was always trying to put about 1500 revs on it. When i go higher sounds like im reving like mad on the car. But the duke is alot newer then my instructor's car was so abit different.
Reply 11
Can i just pull off without any gas then an soon as it hits the bite put my foot down on the gas to go. I was doing it sometimes but majority of the time i stalled it. But i was always trying to put about 1500 revs on it. When i go higher sounds like im reving like mad on the car. But the duke is alot newer then my instructor's car was so abit different.

Revving the car is better than stalling. In most diesels, you can move off by slowly taking your foot off the clutch - ideally, you should be reaching a point where you're pulling off the clutch and pressing the accelerator at the same time.

Practice in a car park.
Reply 12
Original post by IWMTom
Revving the car is better than stalling. In most diesels, you can move off by slowly taking your foot off the clutch - ideally, you should be reaching a point where you're pulling off the clutch and pressing the accelerator at the same time.

Practice in a car park.

Will do thankyou.

Quick Reply