The Student Room Group

Question for girls only

Poll

What are your preferences for knickers

What's your preference of knickers? Thongs, French Knickers, cotton panties or full briefs? Please use poll.

Just curious whether thongs and g-strings are still worn or whether they are a thing of the past?

I was wearing a short skirt today and had on a thong, unfortunately, the wind was blowing so I had to continuously hold my skirt down incase it got too revealing. It made me wonder about the appropriateness of thongs, this day in age. Are they still worn? Is it appropriate to wear them with a short dress or skirt?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just bog womens standard pants, pretty much. I do have a mix of pants, girl boxers and what some would call granny pants :laugh: I'd wear anything but thongs, pretty much.

Moved to fashion and beauty

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cotton knickers. Everything else is too good for me.
woo I'm a girl. I prefer Hipsters I think they are called. French kickers are nice to though. Thongs look scary and I don't understand how people could find them comfy isn't it like a constant wedgy? I usually where some on shorts under short dresses and skirts just in case x
Reply 4
Original post by Rum Ham
Just bog womens standard pants, pretty much. I do have a mix of pants, girl boxers and what some would call granny pants :laugh: I'd wear anything but thongs, pretty much.

Moved to fashion and beauty

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wear a combination of French knickers, normal briefs and tanga briefs. I can't stand thongs, constantly pulling the string out of my crack.
I love my white cotton knickers, usually Sloggi Tai. Nice and comfy!
Reply 7
As well as thongs, I love my lacy briefs with cut away backs. So comfortable and feminine.
I mainly wear bodysuits however I do like my knickers. I tend to wear full brief knickers/cotton panties more, I do though have some thongs which I wear every now and then. I am not really into wearing G-strings although don't mind seeing other girls wearing them. As for thongs I think that they are still quite fashionable but not like it was a number of years ago. I still tend to see girls wearing thongs more than G-strings out of the two types, I prefer girls wearing thongs but not as much as knickers.

There is nothing wrong with flashing or there being an upskirt view, I see it every now and again with the girl either wearing a thong but mainly a nice pair of knickers. I don't see how thongs can be inappropriate in any way regardless of whether they are worn short dress or skirt. I think that most girls wear thongs to stop a vpl (for some reason, nothing wrong with a vpl) but not everyone feels comfortable going commando.
Original post by Fruli
What's your preference of knickers? Thongs, French Knickers, cotton panties or full briefs? Please use poll.

Just curious whether thongs and g-strings are still worn or whether they are a thing of the past?

I was wearing a short skirt today and had on a thong, unfortunately, the wind was blowing so I had to continuously hold my skirt down incase it got too revealing. It made me wonder about the appropriateness of thongs, this day in age. Are they still worn? Is it appropriate to wear them with a short dress or skirt?
Reply 9
Thanks once again Scorpion 95 for partaking in this thread it means alot.
I think you have made alot of points that strike accord with people.
Original post by scorpion95
I mainly wear bodysuits however I do like my knickers. I tend to wear full brief knickers/cotton panties more, I do though have some thongs which I wear every now and then. I am not really into wearing G-strings although don't mind seeing other girls wearing them. As for thongs I think that they are still quite fashionable but not like it was a number of years ago. I still tend to see girls wearing thongs more than G-strings out of the two types, I prefer girls wearing thongs but not as much as knickers.

There is nothing wrong with flashing or there being an upskirt view, I see it every now and again with the girl either wearing a thong but mainly a nice pair of knickers. I don't see how thongs can be inappropriate in any way regardless of whether they are worn short dress or skirt. I think that most girls wear thongs to stop a vpl (for some reason, nothing wrong with a vpl) but not everyone feels comfortable going commando.
Lace brazilians/thongs and cotton underwear when im on my period
i wear girls boxers, they are so comfortable.
Reply 12
Sounds a sensible combination.
Original post by Fermion.
Reply 13
Glad you find them so.
I have never been able to get on with them.
It's all down to personal choice.
Original post by realistpotato
i wear girls boxers, they are so comfortable.
Cotton panties
Boxers 😈 my gf loves them
Same for me.
Original post by Fermion.
Reply 17
That sounds good.
Sensible choice.
Original post by Yasmin1224
Cotton panties
Reply 18
That is really good.