Gcse results day -- less than a week left 😩

Watch
TheYear11.Leaver
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am fearing for my life because I feel that I might have failed English Literature..... I barely wrote anything for poetry and then my essays weren't long enough I don't think. ;((

What do you guys think about your results/are you nervous 😩? Not bothered πŸ˜•? Excited 😊? I'm scared as hell for literature lmao.

P.s: what do you guys think a minimum mark for grade 4 would be for literature (it's out of 160)? Would you say 40 marks perhaps?
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheYear11.Leaver)
I am fearing for my life because I feel that I might have failed English Literature..... I barely wrote anything for poetry and then my essays weren't long enough I don't think. ;((

What do you guys think about your results/are you nervous 😩? Not bothered πŸ˜•? Excited 😊? I'm scared as hell for literature lmao.

P.s: what do you guys think a minimum mark for grade 4 would be for literature (it's out of 160)? Would you say 40 marks perhaps?
I sat GCSE English Lit in 2015. Bloody hell, I was in your position and thought I failed it. I hated English Literature with a passion. Turned out alright though - Ended up with an A.

Don't worry about it - English Lit is not that important (Language is).
username3199040
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I really wouldn't worry about it. Even subjects like medicine (which is really competitive) don't require you to have English Literature. The important one is English Language. I'm also waiting on GCSE results.
Bla1287
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dont worry , like people have already said language is more important and you definitely did better than me , I ran out of ideas midway through the essay ( 0 revision) and went on talking about how the new scooby doo series animation is horrific and analyzed that....
liam12345677
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
English lit is so ****ing weird and is a flawed subject in the way they are assessing us on it. You have to know multiple pieces of literature to a high standard, practically inside and out with every major character and theme and how to link them together depending on the question you get in the exam, and write this brilliant essay in about 50 minutes in test conditions, oh and you only get to see the question when you enter the exam hall. If it's on one character and not the other, then a lot of the stuff for the other character that you probably spent hours going over was for nothing. It's stupid but luckily it's an essay subject and I always get surprised by how I do. I fortunately got a 7 in my PPE and I'm sure you'll do fine but like others have said, you don't need lit and don't have to resit it if you failed it.
Agent456
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm also awaiting my results. Nervous af, I did no revision for English language because I did not know how.... I just gave it my all, hope I at least get a 5
Gidray
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheYear11.Leaver)

I'm scared for English Language. I expected to do far better in Lang than Lit, but it was the opposite. The worst thing is, i can't even predict what the boundary for a 5 is going to be. My school says it's 50/80 for a 5 (AQA), which would mean i'm screwed pretty much. It would be so annoying because English is the only subject i'm weak at and it's so important. On the other hand, i think i will have some interesting Science and Maths results, so i'm nervous, excited and already slightly disappointed at the same time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.45%
I'm not sure (32)
4.35%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (230)
31.25%
I have already dropped out (17)
2.31%
I'm not a current university student (358)
48.64%

Watched Threads