The Student Room Group

Improving bad grades from AS in A2

Hi guys!!
I got my AS result the other day and lets just say it wasn't what i expected ... i got an B,C and an E . Got an E in economics ..... A terrible situation i am in right now as i want to improve this grade E to grade C or B.....is it possible? Also I'm not planning to give a retake of this exam as I've already taken a gap year and i don't want to waste another year . Any suggestions or tips in improving this "E "to a "B "or a "C"? I would be grateful and also can anyone suggest what grade i possibly have to achieve in A2 inorder to make this E a C or better?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
If you're subjects are reformed then they don't count so you could definitely get that next year, if they do count i'd talk to your subject teachers that's what i did
Yo, well in politics I got a C at AS then re-sat the exam and got an A. So that's two grades, an example that it is possible. I also did economics, and whilst I think it's a pretty heavy subject, it is 100% possible to push that grade up to a C or B with hard work. I'd go about making a list of all the subject content then highlighting the stuff you don't know, revise from your textbook and get clued up. I'd give it a guess and say in your A2 you'd need a high B to get an overall of a C, which is hard to do! Really best of retaking and giving it your all so you have the foundations for the A2 exams in my opinion!
Reply 3
Which exam board did you have for economics? For AQA, which I did, the AS doesn't matter at all.
Reply 4
Original post by patrickwalters.x
Yo, well in politics I got a C at AS then re-sat the exam and got an A. So that's two grades, an example that it is possible. I also did economics, and whilst I think it's a pretty heavy subject, it is 100% possible to push that grade up to a C or B with hard work. I'd go about making a list of all the subject content then highlighting the stuff you don't know, revise from your textbook and get clued up. I'd give it a guess and say in your A2 you'd need a high B to get an overall of a C, which is hard to do! Really best of retaking and giving it your all so you have the foundations for the A2 exams in my opinion!

Thank you :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Fdana
Which exam board did you have for economics? For AQA, which I did, the AS doesn't matter at all.

Cambridge

Quick Reply

Latest