The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Electrical and Electronic Engineering

Hello. My first post here... :smile:

I recently completed my GCSEs and have just today finished the enrollment process at my sixth form. At the moment, I am pretty set on eventually doing an Electrical and Electronic Engineering MEng; however, I am concerened that the AS/A levels that I have chosen may prove disadvantageous in allowing me to undertake such a course. I am studying:

- Physics
- Maths
- D&T Systems and Control
- AVCE Performing Arts (possibly double award)

Obviously I am aware that the former two are essential, whilst I have heard the latter two being referred to as 'Mickey Mouse' subjects. My sixth form does not offer Electronics at AS, so I had to settle for Systems and Control which is the closest I could get to it. And Performing Arts is purely for personal enjoyment.

If I managed to get AAAB respectively in these subjects, would they surfice the entry requirements for most Uni's, and more specificly Imperial College London?

Thanks in advance,
Sam
Reply 1
you should be fine. just say u couldnt go electronics so u did s&c. in ure personal statement
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Ring up and speak to the admissions tutor for the subject. Only they can tell you with any certainty.
Reply 3
That is a very popular course at Imperial because they are certainly one of the best in Europe for it... Hence they are asking for AAA at A-level. Althoguh if you happend to drop DT at the end of the yr...i don't think u'd get an offer of AAA offer inc AVCE Performing Arts.

If i were you, I'd do Maths, Further Maths, Physics as this would increase ur chance of getting an Offer. You will have to learn the maths anyway whilst at imperial so you might as well learn it now and increase ur chances of getting an offer.
Reply 4
I did Maths, Physics, Fine Art and D&t: Systems and control and was accepted.

Latest