The Student Room Group

PPE, but without Maths A-Level

I am studying History, Politics and Economics for A-Level and want to do either PPE, Politics and International Relations or Law (with politics or similar.)

I got 10 A*'s at GCSE level and have just received my AS results and have got 100% in both Politics and Economics.. however I have not done maths at A Level and have recently noticed that it is 'advisable' for many PPE courses to have Maths at A level, have I weakened my Chances for PPE?
Not at all, you've got some great A levels there and some great results, which will put you in good stead for PPE at (I presume) Oxford. Economics requires some differentiation knowledge I heard, so maybe just do this on the side - then it shows you're super keen and are able to handle the economics side.
Original post by That'sGreat
Not at all, you've got some great A levels there and some great results, which will put you in good stead for PPE at (I presume) Oxford. Economics requires some differentiation knowledge I heard, so maybe just do this on the side - then it shows you're super keen and are able to handle the economics side.

Thanks, Do you think it would be a safer option applying for Law with International Relations or Politics and International Relations... Especially if I am going to apply to prestigious uni's (KCL, Oxford, Warwick, Durham)?

Quick Reply

Latest