OCR 21stC Biology, Chemistry & Physics GB

Watch
JacobPhysics
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone got any thoughts regarding the grade boundaries for the above subjects? (I know people will say 'don't worry' and 'just wait', but I'm just genuinely interested).
username1986099
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JacobPowell)
Anyone got any thoughts regarding the grade boundaries for the above subjects? (I know people will say 'don't worry' and 'just wait', but I'm just genuinely interested).
Predicted A* boundaries
B123 48
B456 42
B7 47
C123 48
C456 43
C7 44
P123 36
P456 36
P7 40

Based on last years and whether papers were easier or harder, hoping B123 and C123 aren't 48 but they might be
JacobPhysics
Rep:
?
Oh okay, thanks for your insight
y.u.mad.bro?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If guessing the 7s will be harder to get an A* in because the papers were comparatively much easier than the years before and most people found them easy. Although, I hope they are low. And its only 5 more days to wait so just wait and be patient
username1986099
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
If guessing the 7s will be harder to get an A* in because the papers were comparatively much easier than the years before and most people found them easy. Although, I hope they are low. And its only 5 more days to wait so just wait and be patient
Thought B7 was same level of difficulty last year, but I think P7 and C7 were much harder.
y.u.mad.bro?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by danielwinstanley)
Thought B7 was same level of difficulty last year, but I think P7 and C7 were much harder.
Not sure about C7 because I did early entry in year 10. P7 though was alright. Not that hard tbf.
JacobPhysics
Rep:
?
What do you
What do you think about B456 - last year A* was 45?
username1986099
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What do you What do you think about B456 - last year A* was 45?
I thought B456 was 48? Well whatever it is, last years paper was a lot easier than this years so I'd probably say around the 42/43/44 mark
JacobPhysics
Rep:
?
I thought B456 was 48? Well whatever it is, last years paper was a lot easier than this years so I'd probably say around the 42/43/44 mark
What about B123? Last year was 43
username1986099
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What about B123? Last year was 43
Was more straightforward this year, lots of recall and lots of science questions so proabably 45/46/47/48

C123 - it had a lot of questions from past papers so if you'd done past papers, you could have word perfect answers. A very fair paper - probably same boundaries as last year:

C456 - was about the same level of difficulty as last year so probably about the same - however I can see it being around 43/44/45 because the boundary was incredibly low for an easy paper last year.

C7 - it was much harder than past papers, but it's a triple unit so itll bs about 43/44/45/46

P123 - a lot harder than last year, very confusing 6 markers, lots of people didn't finish ect so it'll be lower. Ditto with P456.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (9)
6.16%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
16.44%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
17.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14.38%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (41)
28.08%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (26)
17.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise